Recruits

bauman

Nice article on Evans, linked on front page of Billikens.com-looks like the kid will be a real winner. Earlier posts from courtside (I think) seemed to cool expectations about Evans, but it looks like he is having a very good last year in HS. Adding him and MM (who really seems like a find) to this squad makes for an exciting look forward to next year.

Now if we could only get Loe-I think we need to add a big to next years class.

I'm excited about Evans because I think we need an athletic wing wing player more than a big. Cory Remekun improves every week, which really helps to solidify our front court. But teams like Temple with athletic slashing wings kill us. They were going by Salecich at will on Wednesday. I hope Evans defends.

I'm excited about Evans because I think we need an athletic wing wing player more than a big. Cory Remekun improves every week, which really helps to solidify our front court. But teams like Temple with athletic slashing wings kill us. They were going by Salecich at will on Wednesday. I hope Evans defends.

There is still a need for a 3, a small forward, especially on defense.

I still think there is a difference between a 2 (shooting guard) and a 3 (small forward), especially on the defensive end.

Agree that I hope Evans fills the need.

The videos I've seen on Evans show strong offense and passive defense. I wouldn't count on him playing much early until he buys into RM's defense first philosphy.

The videos I've seen on Evans show strong offense and passive defense. I wouldn't count on him playing much early until he buys into RM's defense first philosphy.

I think I have seen the majority of those videos and it is impossible to judge his defense based on that. He averages 12 rebounds a game so it shows you that he is doing more than score.

I think I have seen the majority of those videos and it is impossible to judge his defense based on that. He averages 12 rebounds a game so it shows you that he is doing more than score.

RM has praised his rebounding, character, competitiveness and overall game, but indicated the biggest thing he needs to work on is his outside shot.