LaSalle Invitational

thetorch

Not sure if everyone was aware of this.

LaSalle hosted one of those round robin tournament events this weekend. Usually schools schedule at least 2 if not 3 cupcakes so they can say they won their own tournament. I'm sure LaSalle set out to do just that. The round robin consisted of Holy Cross, Delaware, and Niagara. LaSalle LOST ALL 3 OF THEIR GAMES!!!!!! IN THEIR OWN TOURNAMENT!!!!! Facing teams from the Patriot, Colonial and the Mid Atlantic Athletic Conference. Holy Cross has a 97 RPI, Niagara with a 274, and Delaware with a stellar 285.

Is it really too late to join the Valley?

LaSalle lost a lot with Steve Smith. I think their new center is a hulking white guy Mike St. John. At last year's game in Philly, he led the "get up and cheer" section from the court during warmups and when he got in against Ian, had four fouls in less than four minutes. If you go to the game this year, enjoy dumping on him. Last I saw, he was still starting.

Blue Crew should have fun with that clown.

I seem to recall LaSalle having one of the top recruiting classes this year in the A10. Again, I believe it was based on numbers and not quality. Just goes to show ....

why worry about the bottom of the A-10 league? You must not understand the academic tradition as well as impoortance of being in major metropolitan and densely populated areas. We have been in and out of the Valley it is loaded with second through fourth best schools in each of the states-the schools are the best of the mid majors-they are not going to be any better. It is the equivalent of meeting and winning or losing to S. Florida or E. Carolina when we were in Conference USA-find a new subject-or name the teams left in Conference USA if you are really a basketball junkie

Look - when we had to make that decision about what conf to join, that was 3 years ago and when you looked at the previous five years, there where several teams in the A10 that had done well: St. Joe, Temple, RI when Harrick was there, Xavier, and Dayton to some extent. During the same time in the MVC you had: Creighton and SIU. SMS was up and down, and NI was still coming on so you really could not count them. St. Joe had been #1 for most of the season and had made it to the final four if memory serves me correct. At the time we made the decision the A10 was at their peak and the MVC was moving up the hill. Now the A10 is down and the MVC is at their peak. The A10 will start moving up in the next year or so and the MVC will probably start their decline - these cycles occur all the time among conf.