An Early Look

BillyClyde

So early on they are looking at the following 5 CUSA teams in the tourney.

Cincy (3)

Marquette (6)

Memphis (10)

Louisville (2)

Charlotte (9)

Interesting that UAB is not one of the 5. So of this group, who do we have to beat out, or who looks to be the most vulnerable to drop. I'd say Memphis right now, but that could change over time.

However, if you think UAB should be on that list, possibly in place of Memphis, then which team is most vulnerable? I think Marquette may be, but I can't judge Charlotte at this point. Interestingly, we will soon find out. Our next three road games, back to back, are Charlotte, UAB, and Memphis. Those games should give us a good idea of where we will finish. This is the toughest part of the schedule.

western michigan has an rpi of 23 and a record of 10-1. i dont know why that loss by uab would be considered questionable.

Does anyone else think that Marquette is the most overrated team in the conference?

We essentially outplayed them on the road. Outside of SLU, the only good team they have beaten is Notre Dame. They lost their only two other games against decent competition--against Arizona and Wisconsin.

What basis do they have to claim to be a tournament team right now?

i agree david. i have totally downgraded where they stand in the league. i originally expected them to battle for the top 3-4 spots. now i think they will be luck to be 4th. they are no better than us, charlotte, and southern miss. their little under the table deal with southern miss will be huge in this race. think about it. if they finish 4th instead of 8th. and we have seen that one win in this league can easily mean that much.