Official postgame thread

Sheltiedave

JJray, Brad pulled Dwayne from being PG for long stretches to conserve energy. Dwayne spent a lot of that energy wearing Ahearn's jersey and picked up some shared belly lint, he was playing Ahearn that tight. In the end, Dwayne HAD to roll over to PG on offense because Tommie was in a massive offensive funk.

I think Tommie is beginning to realize it is going to take another 15 pounds of muscle, and a vast improvement in his handle, to make it to the big league. Right now he is not comfortable being the PG in a half court set, or the primary ballhandler in tighter quarters. He played last night like he had a touch of the flu.

>>I think Tommie is beginning to realize it is going to take another 15 pounds of muscle, and a vast improvement in his handle, to make it to the big league. Right now he is not comfortable being the PG in a half court set, or the primary ballhandler in tighter quarters. He played last night like he had a touch of the flu.<<

Glad to hear he had the flu (meaning there was some excuse for his play). TL definitely needs a better handle to be our primary ball handler. Q: do you move him to wing for now and make DP the primary ball handler for the rest of the season and let TL work on his fundamentals off season or do you let Tommie try to work through it this season at the point?

JJ, don't know if he had a malady, but he didn't have the spark he normally has.

I'm reallyy glad he had a down game, because he is the quality person where his next game is going to be outstanding. We NEED outstanding against Carolina.

We also need to chisel 5 - 10 minutes apiece out of Adam, Obi and maybe even Horace to keep the big ones fresh. Carolina wants to run us bad.

brian, dont let last night be the judge. that wasnt tommie liddell.

imo, if the billikens became a full time up and down the court run like hell team, i think polk with the ball in his hands is fine. but in a half court set, he is not the point guard and cant do what liddell can.

liddell was terrible last night. but that wont happen normally. polk was splendid last night. i hope he continues to play as he has been as of late.

>brian, dont let last night be the judge. that wasnt tommie

>liddell.

>

>imo, if the billikens became a full time up and down the

>court run like hell team, i think polk with the ball in his

>hands is fine. but in a half court set, he is not the point

>guard and cant do what liddell can.

>

>liddell was terrible last night. but that wont happen

>normally. polk was splendid last night. i hope he

>continues to play as he has been as of late.

As terrible as he was and everyone keeps emphasizing that rebounds and shot attempt were HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put everything else out of your head.

you are 100% correct. it would have been easy for tommie to have sulked off or not be in the play considering the game he had. my guess is that a lesser hearted player wouldnt have been down there yet when lisch went up for the shot.

no matter how bad tommie played at the point yesterday, he did not let it affect his defense, his rebounding or his free throw shooting. considering all, that alone is pretty amazing.

I think he is clearly one of the most talented players EVER to play for the Bills. I just think he is better getting alot of time on the wing. He reminds me so much of D Wade. Wade has excelled the most when he is playing the wing.

I am not saying that he shouldn't be handling the ball at all, but there is only so much you can ask a player to do. We ask Tommie to do everything. I don't think we have to. I think other parts of his game would even be stronger if he didn't have so much on his plate.

We don't really have a primary ballhandler. Some games Dwayne handles the ball more, sometimes its Tommie, sometimes its Kevin. Tommie is the most dynamic player we have in a halfcourt set but it hasn't really translated into assists. Kevin and Dwayne have more assists and a lot fewer turnovers despite playing fewer minutes.

As I said in another thread, it really depends on the situation. Against really tough ball pressure Polk has been our most reliable ball handler.