Why I am so frustrated with this board...

Billikan

There are some zanies on here who just like to make fun of the program and even more fun of the real positive posters. Why do they do it? Really, who cares? You know who they are, ignore them. For the most part we all bleed blue. But there are serious doubters, of which, I am one. We scratch our heads and wonder, "why not SLU", when it comes to the success similar schools are having versus our mediocrity over the past few years. Yes, this year is shaping up to be something else. Great. Keep it up. But it's still too early to be crowing about it. Now, after this home stretch, we've got an opportunity to make some noise...to make that next step. Take our opponenet tonight, MoState. They had a good season last year and are following it up with a better one. They've done it for the most part with local home grown talent, and, I'm guessing here, with no one that highly recruited out of HS. Yet, they go to Wisconsin and beat a top 10 biggie in their own house. Impressive indeed. The doubters are saying, C'mon, Bills, c'mon UB impress us. The difference Billikan is you don't need to be impressed. We'll back this program no matter how they do, just like you. But we'll also criticise when we think it can do a whole lot better. To my way of thinking, this makes us better fans than you. And to whoever it was who made the silly recommendation above about taking the verify test...what are you, a retired Gestapo interrogator? You think every sports journalist in the country played sports, coached, lived near their favorite program/team? Jeez, the Goose Step mentality some of you guys have is laughable.

I say we nominate 3 Kool Aid drinkers to assess the posts on a daily basis and dish out penalties as follows.

1st offense - 3 day ban

2nd offense - 30 day ban

3rd offense - 1 year ban

4th offense - lifetime ban

5th offense - lifetime ban plus you can no longer read about the Bills, say the name Billiken or the name of any current, past or future Billiken player or coach. You will also not be allowed within 500 yards of any venue where the Bills are playing

6th offense - all the above plus a spanking.

I will open the board to nominations. You cannot nominate yourself.

I was thinking about nominating Tonka ... because if you get to the spanking offense, I think he can make you cry, but he seems to rational and might let a mid level negative post get by. Sorry Tonka, I can't do it.

So I think I will nominate Alumni Fan. I say we get a few nominees (how many choices can you have in a poll) let them state their case for being on the discipline board ... and then we vote. Everyone will have to sign check a box agreeing to abide by the decisions of the Discipline committee.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

You see Billiken - there go labeling people by shooting from the hip. You place me as a negative poster and if you paid attention to my past posts, you would see that I have done nothing but give Brad a realistic timeframe to perform. Yes, I worry about some of the things that have not happened to date but that is natural. I have refused to pass judgement on Brad until after the spring signing period and the end of the season - how more fair can that be. I said nothing more about the game the other night because others already wrote about the good game that Luke and Polk had - I could not agree more with them. Life must be very difficult for you if your skin so thin.

I wish ... I will probably never make a conf tourney. It's just the time of year I can't get away from work. Maybe when I get big enough that I have more stores and people running them for me. Until then, I'm working. You know my post was sarcasm? I think the spanking should come much earlier in reality

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

>There are some zanies on here who just like to make fun of

>the program and even more fun of the real positive posters.

>Why do they do it? Really, who cares? You know who they are,

>ignore them. For the most part we all bleed blue. But there

>are serious doubters, of which, I am one. We scratch our

>heads and wonder, "why not SLU", when it comes to the

>success similar schools are having versus our mediocrity

>over the past few years. Yes, this year is shaping up to be

>something else. Great. Keep it up. But it's still too early

>to be crowing about it. Now, after this home stretch, we've

>got an opportunity to make some noise...to make that next

>step. Take our opponenet tonight, MoState. They had a good

>season last year and are following it up with a better one.

>They've done it for the most part with local home grown

>talent, and, I'm guessing here, with no one that highly

>recruited out of HS. Yet, they go to Wisconsin and beat a

>top 10 biggie in their own house. Impressive indeed. The

>doubters are saying, C'mon, Bills, c'mon UB impress us. The

>difference Billikan is you don't need to be impressed. We'll

>back this program no matter how they do, just like you. But

>we'll also criticise when we think it can do a whole lot

>better. To my way of thinking, this makes us better fans

>than you. And to whoever it was who made the silly

>recommendation above about taking the verify test...what are

>you, a retired Gestapo interrogator? You think every sports

>journalist in the country played sports, coached, lived near

>their favorite program/team? Jeez, the Goose Step mentality

>some of you guys have is laughable.

Don't mean to nitpick your good post...but MO ST. beat Wisconsin in South Padre Texas in front of a couple of thousand people, not in front of 17,000 crazy Badger fans...but still a great accomplishment for them. UW is a top 10 team and Final Four candidate.

Exactly which home win should I be excited about so far? The one over Houston by a couple when Houston was missing three starters? SLU is doing fine, exactly where I thought they'd be so far...and I have them beating MO St. and losing to UNC.

I will not gush over a voctory over the fine UT-Martin Skyhawks. For those not following the Skyhawks this year, this is their schedule and results:

http://www.utmsports.com/schedule.cfm?spor...7s%20Basketball

SLU's biggest win so far has come over Loyola Chicago. No other win has impressed me yet. Will I get struck down by your Kool-Aid? SLU is doing fine. Nothing to be upset about(you don't see me bashing the close wins over lesser teams like the others, because a win is a win to me) and you don't seeme going crazy positive over wins like the above. The issue at hand, is SLU's conference unlike the other teams you mentioned that play all those home gaes, is much weaker than the other big conferences, and pressure is higher for SLU to win some big out of conference games.

If you want to get crazy excited over the UT-Martin win, go ahead. And if others don't, that is their right too.