Who DIDN'T expect an "ALMOST UPSET"?

pooch1918

Two things happen EVERY YEAR in college basketball...Holy Cross wins the Patriot League and scares the ###### out of a top rated first round opponent only to lose...and SLU goes to either Cincy, Marquette or Louisville and ALMOST pulls of an improbable road upset...don't get me wrong---I'll take it over a blowout, and I love these guys...but they're so often like the Red Sox...

at what point? Yes I always expected it to be close, when do you give way to emotion, and enjoy what is going on?? I have certainly seen the bills shoots bricks on the road, and for that matter if you told me the team shoots 28% from three for the game, and it still took the official to take the ball away from us and a great play by Diener to beat us. I would say you were crazy. That is why you play them thous.

Just wondering if Diener should have been called for a five count on the last play.

Piano? What do you mean? I'm intrigued...and let's be honest...rooting for SLU is a lot like rooting for the Sox...the little, less funded lovable guys with the heart of a lion...who always, always, always seem to make you believe...but then succumb to the Cincy's, Georgia Tech's and Arizona's of the world...not complaining...just saying.

Pooch you're a Red Sox fan and don't know about the famous piano the great Bambino is rumored to have tossed into a pond on his farm in Sudbury, MA.? Some think this missing piano is behind the curse and have gone on a hunt/diving expedition to find it. So far, no luck. Welcome to Billikens.com.

I am not a Red Sox fan but I do live in Boston. I am pretty sure SLU 72 was referring to the "Curse of the Bambino" when he made his piano comment. Babe Ruth threw his piano out on a frozen pond in Sudbury, MA when he lived there and some obsessives think finding this piano will live the curse. (There are about a dozen other plans to live this curse as well). The piano one is a pretty futile one as I do not think they have ever found it.

The pond is not that big but there are many feet of sediment.

I am pretty sure its just not there as they have brought in some pretty heavy equipment, including sonar, to find it but the myth remains. Currently the fund to find it is used for charity fund raising so the "search for the piano" is pretty much just for "fun."