Kenny Leverette

SLU_Nick

We need someone like his dad not his brother. There is one name that hasnt been mentioned on here and that is Kenny Leverette. He is the MVP on a team that is 7-1 in a brutal Southwestern Conference.

He was on my brothers team and I used to be able to take him. He is strong now and am sorry to say I lost to him one on one last summer (7-5).

He really runs the floor well though and we keep this running up he would fit very nice next to a mature HD, and Scott Suggs (fingers crossed tightly).

If I could compare him to someone, it would be danny brown. Except Kenny can dribble and has an excellent mid-range game. According to STLtoday he is guarding the opposing team's best player now also, which Brad should like to hear.

I heard from one of this teammates that Kenny was contacted by Brad and that brad is putting him on his "list". (So take it, what's that worth) I am sure some posters here will chuckle at that comment.

We really need to make a run this year to have a chance at all these area prospects, including Kenny. The Illinois and Mizzery's will start calling and Brad needs to continue his trend of keeping good area players from them (KL and TL, AK will count too).

A quick question about the rules. I will prolly talk to Kenny this weekend. Am I allowed to try to convince him to come to SLU, or is that illegal? Thanks guys,

Nick

>Femi John for sure, and perhaps his teammate Booker. Agree?

Only if they get more aggressive. There is no reason for either of them to score under 15pts in a game. John is too strong athletic and gifted to not take over games. Booker is blessed with excellent quickness for his size and needs to explode inside for dunks instead of layups. Same goes of Abel Tillman of Berkeley, but Booker is more coordinated than Tillman.

>A quick question about the rules. I will prolly talk to

>Kenny this weekend. Am I allowed to try to convince him to

>come to SLU, or is that illegal? Thanks guys,

>

>Nick

Please leave the recruiting to the coaches!!!!

If you want him to attend SLU, your best tactic is to be objective with him. It's his decision. If he asks your opinion, you can tell him the plusses and minuses of various options, but refrain from saying or doing anything with the intention of steering him to SLU. If you were his coach, it would be different (the NCAA accepts that coaches influence where their athletes go to school). If you were to do something to persuade him to attend SLU, they might have to declare him ineligible.

you should contact slu and describe your previous relationship with kenny and ask what you can and cannot say. imo, even if you are deemed a "previous relationship", i would stay out of it. limit your "recruiting" to short jovial comments like, "boy i bet you'd look good in billiken blue". you just dont know coach soderberg's angle and anything serious might do innocent harm actually.