Dayton

slu72

Flyers are having a pretty good year so far at 7-1. Wins over Louisville and Creighton, both at home. Didn't think they'd be here at the beginning of the season. Surprised flyphan, aka Billiphan, tigerphan, dawgphan, aggiephan...hasn't been on here crowing about them.

Dayton has a nice team with some pretty solid players. I think Brian Roberts, Monty Scott, Norman Plummer, and Charles Little are four very quality players and all have the ability to put up big games. Apparently they have a freshman guard, Marcus Johnson, who is playing well for them as well. I think the weakness for Dayton is that they lack a quality center and I thought they lacked depth when I originally looked at their team on paper, but am not sure if that is true or not having not seen them play. I predicted us splitting with them.

I think dayton is good. losing monty scott to injury and meachem's transfer really hurt them last year. having scott back for the full season is huge for them. nice wins over creighton and louisville. a 10 will regain a little national street cred with those wins.

bad boyz for life

pdiddy beat me to it. Losing Scott last year killed them last year. I'm certainly happy to see an A-10 team doing well, even though I watched Louisville play the other night and they're not very good right now. I guess Creighton's not living up to their pre-season hype. It's good to see Dayton playing a tough schedule though and at least winning some games, unlike the rest of the A-10.

by the time we play Dayton at the end of the season. both teams will be looking pretty good. we have two shots at them (at least, and maybe in the conference tourney too), and a win in one or both will help us I think. Help them, too, if they beat us -- they are another potential NCAA tournament team.