SIU?

billfan4life

those road trips to evansville, cedar rapids, peoria, omaha and wichita must be amazing. gosh, i would kill for short trips like that.

Michael Scott: Hey.

Ryan Howard: I found your pudding cups at a gas station in Carbondale.

Michael Scott: You did it. Look at you. Look at that with the plate and the napkin. Very nice Ryan.

Michael Scott: Did you get the yams?

Ryan Howard: No. The gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams.

Michael Scott: I guess I'll just have the pudding then.

Ryan Howard: You sure?

Michael Scott: [signs] Yeah.

Watch out for my hometown Bradley Braves! Although, Saluki, I have to admit, I went to the Chiefs Club Luncheon last year when SIU came up to Peoria, and Chris Lowry is an amazing coach and an even better person. To be able to coach at such a high level and devote time to a rising program with the medical issues facing his family is simply remarkable. Even SIU fans know that in 3-4 years, Lowry will be the face of a big-time college basketball program. I'll be in C-town for the game, even though making a December trip to Carbondale is the LAST thing any of us would want to do...for love of the game, I guess.

If you were refering to me, I live in STL and am an Alumni of SLU. I just grew up as a season ticket holder to SIU games.

Actually SIU can't wait for those schools because they won't be 100+ RPI at the end of the year like SLU. They help the schedule, not hurt it. :7

Can't wait for Saturday.

>You can't wait for the trips to the big cities of Omaha,

>Wichita, and Springfield, MO.

Yeah, Southern HATES to go there and play in front of 14,000 in Omaha, 11,000 in Wichita or 9,000 in Springfield. They'd MUCH rather go all over the East Coast and play at Fordham or Duquesne or St. Bonnie, where there's maybe 1,000 people there.

This is fun.

If you are from the STL area my guess is you come from either South/Jefferson County and when your aren't spewing your garbage here your are busy cruising in your bitchin Z28 Camaro hoping to pick up some 16 year old meth addict with 2 children who "loves" your car.

I would rather be from Carbondale.

i thought we were looking at it as a fan on a trip. i wouldnt plan a trip soley around a 2 hour basketball game. however a major city with first class hotels and restaurants and actual entertainment makes more sense to me. now if ragincajun and the siu folks flooding in here seem to think that big al's in february in peoria is a worthy trip, that's your choice.