A&M plays really good D (nm)

kshoe

No doubt this game is frustrating, but it's obviously not time to send out the lynch mob. Bernie M. is probably going to kill us in the press, as will others, but to hell with them. It's only the 4th game.

For those watching the game on TV, was it pretty much the case that we didn't hit shots (which is what it sounds like)? Or was it a game plan issue?

Ok, lets look at with the glass half full. They will learn just how much hard work is left to do to play at this level. If we get hammered in the press it will be because Mizzery is 4-0 and looking good. Since, we couldn't see the game here, and relying on Earl and Rammer, it sounded like AM defended the hell out of us and it really affected our shooting. Rammer now said this may have been our worse loss in many many years.

Mtoy - hard say what the game plan was. Our defense could not keep them from scoring when they went to the basket. We could not hit a shot to save our soul. It was a physical game but that is not why we lost this one. Poor shooting, week defense, no real energy from the beginining. The announces talked about how fast paced Houston is - lets hope the kids get rested and ready for Saturday.

but I'm giving SLU a mulligan for this performance. They're playing at a faster than normal pace and they're not deep. Three games in three nights... maybe we shouldn't be so surprised at the result.

The question is how they respond to an awful game like this. Before the season, my expectations were high. If I see a repeat performance like this, I might have to adjust my expectations, but I'm not jumping off the bandwagon quite yet.

Game observations

1st the main reason for the blow out was SLU not being able to make anything. The shots weren’t falling today.

2nd I was pretty impressed with Liddell. He is very athletic and has great size for a point guard. I was very disappointed with your center Ian. My friend told me he was SLU's best player but he wasn't able to do anything today. Im guessing just an off day for him.

3rd I was very happy with our team play throughout the tournament. I thought we might have been rated a little to high in the polls but we played good throughout the tournament.

Good luck with your season and I hope to see your team in the NCAA tournament.

thanks for the classy post. We just didn't have any legs today. You could see it in the way we moved. We were a step slow all game. I'm sure that affected our shooting. You guys played well and worked your a$$es off and deserved the win. We are a better team. Ian is better, Kevin is better. We will be ok for Sat. I hope UB goes easy and just writes this one off.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

We really shot the ball poorly. Wide open looks from Kevin - missed. Layups by 7'1" Bryce - missed. 3 foot jumpers by Ian - missed. A&M is a very talented team and plays great defense - if we played our best it would still be a tough game, but the way we shot the ball tonight, we could not have beaten Quincy, it was seriously that bad. In one stretch we counted 3 baskets in 30 attempts - 10%!!!! Now, clearly there were plenty of times the defender was in the face of the shooter, but there were also plenty of WIDE OPEN looks that just clanked off the rim.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben