Why Stay The Course when......

Hardball

I couldn't coach my way out of a brown paper bag but if I'd did go into coaching SLU is the job I would want. Big money with no expectations from the Billiken faitful. Where else can someone get a gig like that?

As for the board being in turmoil who's fault is that? Or are we still playing the blame game? I had no idea I had as much power as you say I do.

:) Billikens.com is happy to announce the first Meet Hardball Day!:)

Who: The one and only Hardball

When: December 18, 2006

Where: Scottrade Center

How to find him: He will be in the MSU family section. He will be the one telling Coach Hinson how to do his job, as the only double digits Blake sees are turnovers and missed shots.

Also Billikens.com is proud to announce the first meeting of the Overbearing Parents Who Hate Brad Club. Join founders Hardball and Kevin Slaten for a completely irrational discussion on the state of Billikens. The meeting will follow the Billiken victory over the Bears at a location TBD.

Do I start calling people names and supplying inuedo's when the BS supporters say how difficult it is at SLU. I don't think so.

Yes ... you do. You wonder why we attack you for your opinion, all the while attacking us for ours. We all want the same thing ... we just disagree on how easy it is to get there.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Come on now ... I disagree with Hardball on almost everything he posts, but I don't know why we would assume he is Blake's dad. Everyone who doesn't like Brad isn't neccesarily someone who has a reason to have a grudge. Kshoe is one of Brad's harshest critics ...could he be Blake's dad?

Skip this is probably a fair statement. As I have said many times before, I don't agree with the 5+ year grace period but ultimately we both want SLU to be at its best. I just have major concerns about the way we are always scrambling in our recruiting (Mid October with no verbal as an example). Can't you at least recognize that although you may not agree with my position you can at least see as a Billiken Supporter I could feel this way. My calling posters Kool-Aid Club members is partially becuause they don't allow different opinions. I have said repeatly my opinion is no more corect than yours or anyone elses but I should be entitled to have it. I don't think you are any less of a supporter because of your position, so why am I.

Also, I have said before I will give compliments when they are due. Which by the way I did on the Alexander verbal. Then to be told that it really wasn't a verbal after all. Then I get back to my scrambling theory. I find the information I post exciting and only wish that SLU would adopt some of the themes.

Come on ... you have been pretty rough and haven't allowed for other opinions. You say you do ... but your posts don't show that. I have the same concerns you do about recruiting, I just don't think it is as easily done as you assume. If it was you would be able to cite far more examples than you have. It can be done ... yes. It just doesn't happen often. Making the NCAA tourney puts you in the top 20% of D1 programs. Sustaining a program at that level is not easy and you probably can't name more than a handful of teams outside BCS conferences that have been able to do it.

cajun, to make that statement you are also taking a swipe at father biondi and cheryl levick. biondi has been bashed here before as someone that wont buck up first for the athletic dept, yet you think he is paying a non performer $700k? i doubt he would do so unless he felt brad was indeed accomplishing goals or progressing toward such in a manner that all can understand.

same with cheryl levick. she has proven she wont tolerate non-production from the different coaches and that was in the sports that arent the cash cow of the athletic dept. if for one second she wasnt on board with brad, i would think she would be all over him with ultimatiums and deadlines and the stress would show. i didnt see stress or hear desparation in coach soderberg last tuesday nite.