Alexander

So who told this Royal Bank bs? Was it your good freind who is a close family freind of the president of the bank? Or, was it vp of the bank when you had a conversation with? Would you like to make up a third source? Would you like to make another suggestion for the blue crew on here? The one you had about what to do in the 4th quater of the games was great. I'm sure they can't wait for the college game to switch from halves to quaters.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

I posted on the original thread that the Royal Banks story was true; I guess you and Roy missed it. I heard it from the horse's mouth; I sat next to him at the ground breaking. We've been friends-fans-business associates for 25 years. It was presented to him as what was going to be done; then he hit the roof and told them they could kiss the Royal Bank account goodbye. I did not report the conversation on this board at the time because I thought there was too much time before the final ticket scenario would be played out. The only new news was when Nark backed off the thread because SLU was backing off the plan. The new news is good news, and the new decision I'm sure was reached with the input of Cheryl and Biondi and others.

The most interesting thing to me was to learn that business contributions or advertising do not inure to the benefit of the executive unless he owns the company. Thus, the great seats (as of now) are awarded on the point system solely. If there are AB or Monsanto executives, whatever, it's because they personally ponied up the money OR the seats are owned by the publicly held companies and are doled out according to some formula within those companies.

In any event, I like the current point system and I hope it survives. If the center block goes to PSL purchasers, it's OK with me if that was the price of poker to get the arena built.

UNCA, you don't have to stick up for me. It is easier if they just go ahead and believe what they want to believe.

SLU never considered the PSL thing, Swansey was on campus this past weekend and was getting ready to sign the papers when Georgia stopped by the house, and Alexander is 100% committed at this point.

Broy, cut RaginCajun some slack. He seems to have a handle on things and you can't argue with his batting average. This is not a slur on OJ as he bellied up and said maybe he pulled the trigger on the Alexander verbal too fast. OJ knows the local AAU scene and hopefully will continue to post on progress with the 2008 class. Keep posting 'Cajun. All we want here is the truth, God knows we get our fill of rumors, half truths, and pure BS.