Kelly Going to Iowa

I fully expect either Meyer or Brown to step up this year and minimize Maguire's minutes but if it's another shooter you want then this kid fits the bell.

When you start off the season ice cold and still manage to make 60.6 percent of your field-goal attempts, including 54 3-pointers at a 50.5 percent clip, you've earned the title of shooter.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hardball said,

"If we had all the shooters we needed then I could maybe understand the whole wait and see seven evaluation period position but when Stemler had the goods for one of our major weaknesses and we WAIT to offer him that is a HUGE mistake."

do you believe had we offered stemler a scholarship in december or january he would have immediately accepted? because my information is that asst coach campo was campaigning heavily against slu and likely would have convinced stemler to wait and see.

so i fail to see what an early offer would have mattered. second, when it all came down to it, slu still offered before marquette and indiana yet stemler still didnt pick slu.

whether we like it or not, you know that drejaj would have played ahead of ahearn and lisch and liddell would have as well. so what is so wrong with my statement with that known.

the fact is, ahearn would have gotten polk and brown's minutes at most period. there is nothing koolaid about that.

battlecat, that was a great view and i plan to use that analogy of better now or when soderberg took over when answering debates in the future. that says a lot. thanks for the ammo. i hope all use it to defend our coach.

i guess you saw today that painter's great recruit, nate minnoy, has dropped out of school. he is already behind coach soderberg student athletewise.

It will be interesting to watch the Stemler situation this year. My bet is that he will be on the bench more than on the floor and his PT will be even less in his senior year. I feel that he made a mistake by selecting Indiana and Sampson. He would have much more PT at Marquette and probably would have been the starter at SLU.