Toronto Workouts

Word on the streets is that our man Ian looked very nice against the other bigs in the Toronto Raptors workout (http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/pressrelease_060526.html). The others were Eric Williams from Wake, Alex Loughton from Old Dominion, and Ryan Hollins from SLU, I mean UCLA. He'll have a chance to showcase his skills again in Orlando beginning tomorrow. 6/6/06 may indeed be an ominous date for the SLU faithful.

I'm already beginning to reverse my optimism expressed earlier today in the "questions for 06-07" thread. If Ian truly impressed the Raptors and has a good week in Orlando, we can kiss the big Greek goodbye. If his skills continue to develop like they have in the past year and a half and he shows flashes of that, NBA scouts are going to see it. I'd have to think that a 6'11" kid with his skills can easily crack the second round, maybe relatively early on. We'll have to wait and see how this week goes, but I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that we SLU basketball fans are so used to by now.

You think he'll leave if he is drafted in the 2nd round? Would not be a smart move. 2nd round pics traditionally have a hard time making the roster. He stands a good chance of improving to the first round if he stays in school and makes another strong showing in the A10. Has anybody projected Ian into the 1st round? I haven't even seen a projection with Ian in the 2nd round much less the 1st so I think we're a bit premature with the worry.

I agree with you that it isn't wise to exit early for the second round and non-guaranteed money. He could use some more seasoning, and a strong senior year could make him a first rounder and a lot more cash. But a strong couple weeks and a little taste of the league could make Ian go for it, especially after the way this season ended on such a sour note.

I think Ian would most definitely benefit from another season at SLU. With his continued development and the potential of a tournament quality team he could move himself into the first round. It seems to make sense for him to come back. However, I feel like I say this about a lot kids and it seems like the majority of them take the advice of some "expert" and make the leap to the NBA. I do not see Ian being a first round pick and I think he would struggle to make a roster at this point. However, who knows what Ian is thinking at this point. Maybe he is ready to make basketball his career and move on from SLU. TKBilliken, do you have any info on where Ian is at in the process?

Funny you should mention my name Greece. I have heard some interesting things regarding this situation from my "sources" which you all seem to doubt. However, my sources have told me to keep quite on this situation and I am going to respect their wishes. I will tell you the circumstances behind Ian’s decision after the fact. Let me just say that in about 2 weeks you will all be giving me a lot more respect on this board.

Oh boy a conspiracy. The real motives behind the move? Implies IV is gone. What would be his "real" motive for being a second round choice?That he really doesn't like UB, because he jumped on him after the ST.Joseph's game? His family went broke, he needs the money?" C'mon, TK, inquiring minds want to know.

At least give him a shot- none of us truly know what will happen with this. But Ian has to make it official one way or the other shortly after the pre-draft camp, so it could get interesting in a week or so.