depaul

billiken_roy

i saw that depaul has two very highly acclaimed juco's visiting their campus this weekend. just curious if anyone knows if depaul has a physical education major that is attracting the juco's?

what is wrong with a school having a Physical Education program. I tire of SLU elitists who look down on such a vital program for society. If, we as Americans, took our health more seriously, we might not have the rising health costs that are hampering our economy and our standard of living. With all of the talk of Americans being overweight and out of shape, I think Physical Education curricula should be more emphasized in college.

I don't know, there are a lot of fat P.E. teachers out there...

I don't think anyone was putting DePaul down for offering a P.E. program. It's just that when a school like DePaul is attracting juco transfers, you have to wonder what they're doing differently than we are. Looks like we have our answer.

You don't need a PE or any major to do the following: give up white flour, white rice, sugar, anything deep fried, and go for a brisk walk of 15 minutes most days. You can do a lot more, of course, but that regimen would save millions of pounds and millions of $. Of course, there's a lot more to a PE major, and I certainly don't look down my nose at anyone who coaches, or the school from where they got their degree. I think SLU should at least offer a minor - then the courses would transfer.

DePaul had three recruits on campus this weekend. Please note that while DePaul does offer P.E. majors, not one single player on the current team majors in P.E. I wouldn't assume that has anything to do with attracting juco transfers. Last year's JUCO transfer is majoring in Communications. Don't forget which school was right on SLU's heels in GPA for Athletics in C-USA last year.