way to go nate!

billiken_roy

i made a point of bringing a radio to my office today to listen to kfns. my main reason was to see if frank and tigertim brought up the mvc thing again. and for the first half hour, nothing.

then they take nate's call. and as he promised, he declared he was all wrong last week and that the a-10 is the best way to go. he referred to all of our arguments and even gave billikens.com a plug.

frank chimed in and advised all that he has talked to slu and that slu has made it clear that the mvc is NOT an option. he affirmed that he was told by slu administration that slu's basketball vision is much bigger than what the mvc will ever allow the program to become and the a-10 would allow that to become closer to reality than the mvc ever would.

all in all a great call. nate presented himself extremely well and frank's support was fantastic as well. of course tiger tim was completely quiet. i guess that is better than him talking though.

nate, you need to use your pocket change to travel to the cusa tourney if you want to really see a real tourney. i too attend the mvc tourney each year. but i am a basketball fanatic. heck, if there is nothing else to do, i will go to whatever high school or grade school game is going on on the east side rather than watch fraiser or friends. but to be honest, the better tourney is the cusa or go to chicago to watch the big 10.

I listened to the Pressbox and heard SluNate's call. Nate, I give you props for your comments. You are definitely an ambassador for the SLU men's basketball program on KFNS. Keep up the good work.

I'm also pleased that Frank Cusumano clarified SLU's position on any prospect (lack thereof, that is) of joining the MVC. I'm not surprised, either, that Tim McKernan had no comment. I bet he was seething in the background because SLU was getting positive exposure that directly contradicted the opinion he RELISHED reading on air last week.

Roy, you also did a great job correcting that caller who suggested that SLU's attendance would be great if they played in the Valley.