what kind of program is SLU?

I agree with some of the sentiment on here about the board descending to a new low. Some of the comments lately are just plain weird. People actually believe SLU is on par with Marquette and Indiana? People think Brad can and should recruit like Bill Self?

Look at SLU's history and tell me why a coach who won 7 more games than the previous year should be fired. I agree that next year will be critical for Brad, but let's let him actually coach a few games before running him out of town. Romar's tenure at SLU was bad. He was able to sneak into the tourney once by winning 4 games in a row. Romar left a mess for Brad. Spoon was lucky that Hughes had sick brother. His laziness cost SLU a great deal of momentum. He failed to build on his early success with Grawer's players.

SLU biggest problem is Fr. Biondi and the athletic department's general lack of direction for the past 40 years. We decide to build an arena and forget about a practice facility until the very end!!!! The practice facility was the most important piece, and now we have a plan for an arena on par with Fordham. Really big time!!!!

I'm really amused that some of the people on here act like SLU is some kind of big-time program. I love my Bills, but I won't ignore the fact that this team has been to the big dance 3 or 4 times in the last 50 years. It's one thing for a top program to have arrogant fans. It's quite another when a team that's still trying to make has fans acting like we're Kentucky.

Let's calm down and see how '06-'07 plays out. Again, barring injury or Ian bolting, this team will win 20 games next year.

You're right on par! Until we have people at the top who see the value of a nationally prominent athletic program assisitng the overall success of the University, we will flounder in mediocrity. Mr. Biondi does not posses that type of vision: (why don't we plant and re-plant flowers five times per year instead of paying for our coach's cell-phones)

Just found out this past Monday at the golf-outing that we are probably the only University in the top ten conferences which make both basketball staff's pay for their own cell-phones. Not that our coach's need to be on them talking to recruits or anything. Sometimes, I just don't get it. Expect our coaches to put us in the dance, but not give them the resources.

or maybe it means that the coaches have their own cell phones and then submit their bills for reimbursement and that would be an advantage to the assistant coach because he would "own" his number. not the school. if i was an assistant that is how i would want it set up.

the truth is we dont know what their deal is on expenses. i find it hard to believe that ms levick would not be fair on expenses.

The way I heard it was that C.L. is fighting for the coaches, but Biondi does not see the need for cell phones. Supposedly Brad has to use camp funds and the women are on their own due to their camp not being built yet. One of the coaches I was around refused to make a comment either way.

>20 wins gets us to the footstep of the NIT party...a party

>I'd rather not attend anymore. The beer is too warm and the

>women all look like they came over from UMSL and SEMO.

or like they call peoria home...