Knollmeyer visit

2 days ago and you haven't given us a report yet. Not even at least one along the lines of, I heard from a friend who heard from a friend whose professor said Knollmeyer might be over seven foot now and made at least 60% of his 3 pt shots.

This board is dying for any kind of information you can pass on about his visit. Also was Stemler along on the visit with Knollmeyer?

Sorry, been kinda busy the past few days (no excuse, I know). I don't know anything besides the fact that he was here. I'm not sure if it's ok for me to say who my source was, but all that they told me was that he was here on Tuesday and he scrimmaged with the team. I asked how they thought he felt about SLU and they said that he is a quiet guy and very hard to read, but that his mother was very excited. That's all I know!

Sorry again for taking the few days to tell you all! I'm a horrible billikens.com member. I've just been going crazy trying to find out when Stemler is going to be here exactly that I haven't been able to think of any other recruits.

That is good news about his mother being excited. I haven't heard about any other visits he might be taking and from checking on Mo St it sounds like they are no longer recruiting him. I know Stemler is our short term help, but I think Knollmeyer is just as important to land for our program. I feel we have to keep getting post players in our system to develop over 4-5 years so we don't have to go looking for JUCOs.

blue, i tend to agree. i really want knollmeyer as well. this is the kind of guy that can just be a rock steady performer down the road for us. plus it fulfills our greatest need. that elusive power forward.

Well, it looks like it is down to SLU and Milwaukee. The person who stated that his Mom likes St. Louis is correct. From the information I have heard here in Milwaukee that on his visit he really liked Milwuakee but his parents really like SLU. I know Jeter is trying to meet with him again before he makes his decision. The one thing that Milwaukee can offer him is playing time right away, but I feel that with his parents pushing him towards SLU, that he will most likely end up with you guys. I guess the longer it takes him to make a choice after visiting you guys, the more hope I get, but it just maybe wishful thinking on my part.

On a side not, I don't know how you guys feel about starting a series with Milwaukee again, but I would be all for it and I hope it can get done.

Best of luck on the recruiting trail.

Hey Kingsbury,

I grew up on that street here so I'm already liking you, especially on your Knollmeyer report. I have always been in favor of annual series with a lot of the strong (and improving) midwest schools. It seems a natural to me, plus the travel to and from the cities is a breeze (unless it's during a Milwaukee snowstorm).