Josh Fisher

slu72

Does anyone else agree that JF took it to the hole good and strong a few times on Saturday. I don't know why he doesn't do this more often. With this kind of penetration we would open things up more for our inside guys, Frericks show's he's got moves down there, and for possible kickouts to RB, IO, or AD (once he reacquires his touch).

Fisher just does not look for his shot very much. He can drive but can be stopped, he only has one move to the hole. I like how Brad is trying to post Fisher up on the blocks on smaller guys. Fish looks good on those plays.

For you to say Fisher only has one move is an insult to his great all around game. 31-33 93.9% That is outstanding Great Job Fisher keep it up, shows great concentration. Jason Maxielle from cincy has shot only 3 more free throws than Fisher I think that says a little for how much fisher has gone to the line this year. As soon as Fishers outside shot starts falling look out. Im still very optimistic about this team when Brad gets everyone on the same page and we win a few road games we are gonna be tough to beat. We gotta get that we aren't gonna lose mentality and 100% from everyone on the floor every minute. We are not quite there yet. Brad is a great coach and these kids need to absorb the things he is telling them, when they do and follow up with it Brads system is a great system and will work we just need to execute. Love watching this team play and grow as a team.A team that stresses D like we do just gives you a chance everytime we step on the floor to win. Keep it up guys and don't get down you are all good players that just have to play within yourselves and not try to do to much.Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westcoast, I don't think torch meant any disrespect to Fish; however, when he goes to the hole, it is almost exclusively with the left handed dribble. He still has success with it and I would encourage him to continue with it but if our opponents watch the film, they are going to eventually pick it up.

Ive seen fisher drive to the right side of the court plenty of times. He is averaging 6 more points a game than last year 14 against Gt and I believe the same againt arizona some of the best guards in the country. Im not worried about them keying on Fishers left hand he is left handed. All the teams know this coming in.He said fisher has one move and thats it. That is an incorrect statement. I dont know what he meant by his statement he didn't back it up with anything except Fisher only has one move. If your gonna say that back it up with something.

I am not trying to disparrage Fish but he does have one move driving to the basket. He doesn't have blinding speed and doesn't do any crossovers or things like that. When you look at he and Drejaj, Drejaj has much better moves to the hole. fisher is just a solid ballhandler no flash, but alot of substance. If he ahd moves like Marque or Drejaj he could maybe score some more, but he doesn't it is no big deal. His solid jump shooting and good post up game added with his decent penetration skills provide plenty for this offense.

Torch, I might be missing something with Drejaj, but I have never found his moves to be that impressive. I realize that this could just be my perception, but I just don't think he is that smooth. When he moves to the basket, it always seems to not be real pretty and a prayer is usually thrown. I'll have to watch more and see.

you all are correct that if a player is dominant with one hand or the other that the defense can key on that. but you also are missing the point that if a player gets an advantage and has a half of a step he can always take advantage of that crack of light regardless of what the defense knows. the fact that vs the likes of arizona and georgia tech, two of the most athletic set of guards in the country, and josh still had double figures, tells me it isnt much of a concern.

go listen to any coaching clinic on the aspect of penetration and taking the ball at the defense. they will tell you that it is important to always be ready to use your dominant direction when the opportunity arises.

fisher is quicker than a lot of you want to give him credit for. he isnt david burns or marque perry, but he isnt virgil cobbin either. josh can also make up for some of this "speed" with the fact he is extremely strong and jumps pretty well and rarely if ever shows the defender the ball.

having that nice crossover is nice, but the fact is a crossover always exposes the ball to the defender as well. you hate to see a player lose site of the court, but a quick spin move or reverse dribble can be everybit as effective as a crossover. granted iverson rarely turns his back, but iverson is a speed freak that is the exception not the rule. the fact is a lot of guards are trying to be iverson and they should be imitating fisher instead of iverson.

Watch Drejaj he is lightning quick with the ball. He has made some dribble moves with spins and the like that I couldn't even describe. His legs are not as fast as his hands are with the ball though.