Official both golf programs being dropped

Why is the atheltic department being criticized for this move at all. It is not really that big of a deal. I hope that they worked it out with the existing students in the golf program so they could finish their SLU education. I don't understand why dropping one of the worst golf programs in the country would have to be handled with much publicity from our atheletic department. Who really cares besides the coach, the players and obviously Billsboy? There is no need for publicity and no cause to say the school mishandled anything unless the students weren't afforded ample opportunity to continue at SLU or elsewhere to complete their degree.

Maybe to make Billsboy feel better at the next billikenboard golf outing an invite should be extended to the ex-SLU players. They may actually be able to win that match.

>Maybe to make Billsboy feel better at the next billikenboard

>golf outing an invite should be extended to the ex-SLU

>players. They may actually be able to win that match.

Nice post. Once again all oyu can spew is a bunch crap. Home alone on Friday night. That should tell you something!!

Whitehead (the ex-coach) was 15-40 in her 4 years at SLU. If I re-call, wasn't SLU a national power back in the early 80's? Maybe they feel they needed new blood to at least re't to respectability.

Anyway, from her picture she does look very attractive.

I remember a golfer at SLU named Bob Cochrane from my days whose daddy was a great golfer. The best non NCAA guy like that was my classmate Nelson "Bo" Burton, who became a pro bowler and announced the ABC-TV matches with Chris Shenkle after he retired. He probably in the BHOF down by the (old?) Busch Stadium. I've never been there, is it still there?

I was visiting St. Louis about 5 years ago (it was around the time we beat Kansas) and I remember it was very cold. I took my son over to Busch to see the Cardinal Hall of Fame. When we got out he was moaning about the cold so went into the BHOF and bowled a couple of games.

Maria actually did do quite a bit to begin the process of turning the program into a winning one. before she arrived, the program was abysmal. However, personal connections aside, the FH girls were very screwed over this last year and while not getting into any of the details, the search for a new coach is not going well.

You (Billsboy) posted 20 min. after me, but I guess the party was so great that you had to slip away to respond to my post.

Sometimes it is better to let people think your dumb than to post and prove it.

I noticed after I wrote the above that she was co-coach of the year in the A-10. Also, improved the won-loss % immensely.

Funny, seems that she is finally turning the program around, gaining coaching experience and she goes on a medical-leave. Also, even though she on medical leave, Duke goes ahead and hires her as a assistant. Probably making more as a Duke assistant then what SLU paid her as a coach.

What could possibly go wrong?

>I thought I heard that she got married and that was why she

>moved. Goat - what do you mean the FH search is not going

>well? No applicants or what?

She definately did not get married and yes she really screwed over the team and the department. The department kept her departure quiet because of the circumstances. She did make a marginal improvement but it would be hard not to improve a team that was at best miserable.

>What did she do?

>

>Did she accept the Duke job before the season was over?

Tarheel, I would prefer not to post info. I have posted athletic department secrets on hear before and was called a liar. If you would like to know just email me and I will be more than happy to let you know as long as you don't post it on this site.

[email protected]

She did not get married. She was on extended medical leave as billsboys has stated. Like him, I too prefer not to get into the specifics of the matter. I will only say that the situation was very VERY shady at best, and handled very poorly.

As for the coaching search, I have heard that there are very few, if any applications coming in. Really is a shame for the girls as I mentioned before that they had dramatically improved their talent level and were finally recieving good solid coaching from a winner(maria had won the college championship with Wake Forest and brought a very fierce competitive attitude to the table) Alas, you can only do so much with limited support. So it goes for any sport at SLU that is not Basketball or soccer.