kfns today

billiken_roy

i thought it was sad that on frank's pressbox show today the two guys filling in (burwell is at the olympics and frank is on a plane flying home from pittsburgh i assume), didnt even talk about the billikens.

instead they both said they watched the olympics and the north carolina game last nite. that is great to hear coming from the "home of the billikens" radio stations. losers. granted duquesne is nothing to get worked up over, but my gosh, liddell almost has a triple double, vouyoukas dominates, lisch continues to excel. they dont even attempt to talk about it. i turned the show off and put on 97.1.

Thye did a similar think yesterday when they called Frank up in Pittsburgh. All they wanted to talk about was the Mizzou situation. I fully understand that to be the bigger story right now, but when the home of the Billikens doesn't even dedicate the portion of the show allotted to preview the game to actually preview the game, it is pretty sad.

I certainly can't complain about Frank's show overall though. He has done very well promoting the Bills in my opinion. In fact at the end of the call yesterday when the guys filling in asked Frank if there was anything he wanted them to do he said, "keep promoting Billiken basketball."

Roy, they just mentioned the game-took up about 20 seconds of their air time. Summary---The Bills won a game they should have won last night against a team which has won only 3 games.

Quite an analysis--glad I listen to get that type of insight, especially from the "Home of the Bills" when its' Program Director is on the air.

no, if ramsey is there he will at least recap the game with ramsey imo. plus considering he loves lisch, he will probably make a couple of comments about kevin as well.

last week slaten had kevin on the phone while kevin was on the bus on the way to dayton.

slaten doesnt like brad due to the whole deal with his son, but he will at least give the billikens an occasional mention and discussion. it aint franklike coverage. but it is about the second most of all the sports talk show billikenwise imo.

I don't see why there would be alot to say about this game. Duquense is one of the worst teams in the NCAA. The Bills cruised to a victory they should have-pretty blah stuff. Now if they beat Temple on Saturday then there will be something to think about...here comes another Zone Defense.

you could talk about the marvelous games that liddell, lisch, and vouyoukas had. you could talk about the two consecutive fantastic fast breaks that liddell and polk completed. you could have talked about the fact that justin johnson got into the game last night and did fine in the short time he was in the game. you could have talked about the horrible job that danny nee has done at duquesne and the resulting poor attendance. i.e. i am betting they could have very crediably come up with a couple of minutes of talk.

if you ever really listen to radio personalitues, announcers you have to wonder if they are just voices and no brains; i don't expect too much from many of them they tout anything that buys an advertisement

or pays for time in many cases. There are some exceptions and Ramsey,

Wiley, Cusmano are certainly on the team but why would Timmerman spend

company money to go to Duquesne when we have had no coverage at some other pretty good away games? Does SLU have a P-R department courting

or inviting press to attend at opportune times. It does little for us

to show us playing a league opponent with no one at the game. We could have had a busload of people or a charter flight go there and be the biggest rooting section in the arena. But to what effect? The Dukes had two good players but no team. Just makes you wonder why a coach with such credentials was floundering, so.

we could only hope it was a job interview; he did not seem too excited

to catch the Bills as his job; probably would prefer to be the fifth

guy doing the Cardinals on the sports page

My favorite part of Slaten's show today was when he said Danny Brown should never shoot. Ramsey said Brown was a god shooter. They went back and forth. Finally Slaten says "what's his shooting %" Rammer says "around 37% behind the 3 point line" Slaten the said "stats don't always tell the whole story. What an idiot.