Grimes ... do we want him if he's available?

jjray

kshoe, i have been watching grimes for 6 years now. and i have seen instances where i swear he is the next coming of amare stoudemire. however i have seen him outplayed by 6'2" high school centers, get beat running down the floor at mi$$ouri, foul three straight possessions, etc.

if you want to call that something else fine with me. but after six years if he hasnt figured out how to utilize some damn nice god given skills, to me i say that is a head case.

first off, I thought you rarely saw highschool games on the Missouri side of the river. If I'm wrong and you attended a much of Hazelwood games please correct me.

I agree that the fouls are an issue but so what. Even if he only plays 10 minutes a game for us thats 10 more than the unused scholarship. I have NEVER heard of him as some sort of cancer that hurts the team. Do you really want Luke to be our PF for the next three years? It just sounds silly when you constantly ***** about our lack of a PF (we all do) but then aren't willing to take a protypical PF because he hasn't reached his potential playing for Quin Snyder. Meanwhile multiple scholarships go unused.

It's hard for me to believe that there is a mid-major program that would not want to take a chance on Grimes. Playing anywhere besides would really motivate him. SLU actually has a focus on feeding the big man down low, which is what Kalen thought would happen at Mizzou. His strength is going hard to the rim, and his ability to run the floor very well helps flatten out the other team's transition defense. He was said to be a lazy player at Hazelwood Central, but he was an absolute beast at those Nike Camps and AAU tournaments where he would often times put up huge numbers.

If Grimes had gone to any of those other major programs that recruited him such as, Kentucky, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Georgia Tech, or Arkansas, I think he would be doing well there. Grimes would be a star player for SLU.

Snyder simply built a terrible program. Nobody on Mizzou looks comfortable playing there because they are all taken away from their strengths. All they do is dribble around the perimeter and throw up a 3-pt shot. They don't even appear to be running an offense, and it's obvious that defense isn't a priority. Snyder recruited four studs out of that 2004 class and he wasn't able to do much with any of them. Nobody is doing well at Mizzou right now, so why is Grimes such a risk for SLU?

Don't confuse what we post here as being right. It's just our opinions ... some better than others. Very few if anyone who posts on this board has the ability to watch a kid that clearly has the physical tools and determine if he can help SLU ... me included. So what we think is really irrelevant. Just a bunch of fans opinions ... so even if none of us wanted him ... it doesn't mean a thing.

I am a good example ... I have played alot of ball even against lower level college teams ... so I start thinking I can make good assumptions on players. I saw DP play twice in HS and thought he was going to knock our socks off. I saw KL play twice and wasn't overly impressed ... despite what everyone else said. I didn't think he would be bad ... just a solid player ... I was wrong. Dp has some strengths, but is not the ballplayer I thought he was going to be and Kevin is far better than I thought he was going to be. ... I was right from day 1 on Ian though

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I'm willing to take on anybody who can help. roy is so blinded by mizzou hatred that he won't take him.

Hey, it looks like plenty of guys have under-achieved with Syder. Pretty much anybody who has been there the last three years. If Grimes can help, even at 10 minutes per game like you said, bring it on.

I'm not so biased that I'd rather lose than take a former Mizzou player. Who cares? Let's try to win!

The Mizzou trolls will still be jerks whether Grimes is at SLU or not.

>>All they do is dribble around the perimeter and throw up a 3-pt shot. They don't even appear to be running an offense, and it's obvious that defense isn't a priority. <<

Agree with your post completely invitedwalkon and especially found the above quote inciteful regarding the Synder program at Mizzou.

i saw grimes probably at least 20X in high school. hazelwood at that time was a regular player in the belleville east tourney, his team went to the shoot out twice i believe, and i saw him play two straight years at the eagles aau tourney at fontbonne.

my dislike of grimes as a basketball player has nothing to do with mi$$ouri. i was against grimes long before he went to college. if you dont remember my posts about his high school game when it was being discussed shaw or grimes 3 years ago, then you obviously werent reading the board.

even if true, that has nothing to do with this subject though.

but thanks for chiming in with a totally off the subject point. your continued assurance of what a true tiger fan is about is great.

and i explained that i did not think grimes was billiken worthy long before he ever committed to mi$$ouri.

and then you bring up a statement about double cheese johnson which i dont connect to a discussion on grimes. you are making no sense.