It's laughable

....And you will attack them regardless. We're both in similar positions. And if any of you think you would abandon your team if this happened, you are all lying. This is a VERY hard time for mizzou fans. We are in shock, disbelief, and we are trying to not let our emotions run too high. I think a lot of you are letting your emotions get out of hand (i.e. already discussing which mizzou player you guys want to have; polling how hard the punishment is going to be). Right now, all we can offer up is speculation on either side. Naturally, the Mizzou side is offering up speculation that means we will get to enjoy a basketball season, and SLU fans are offering up speculation that the world is collapsing for Mizzou. The fact of the matter is, neither of us have any idea what's going to happen. We don't know if these tapes change anything, or if they're new information. We don't know if the NCAA has no explanation for the tapes, or if they have refuting or corroborating evidence. I, for one, am willing to wait and see.

Feel free to call me "naive."

Look - nobody knew what was on the tapes until they were disclosed a day or two ago. If MU knew what was on the tapes I doubt they would have sent out the message that things were coming to a close and that they were feeling better about the eventual outcome. I agree with SLUSKIP - stay out of the mudslinging, it serves neither side well. The truth is Gordo's column is on target - the only question I have is I still am not sure how he came about his conclusion regarding Quinn being only somewhat damaged and how Alden is not held responsible for his Associate AD and coaches actions. At this time we simply have to wait to see what happens - the NCAA did not know what was on the tapes and that is probably why they have been dragging this out, waiting for it to be released. Now that the tapes are public, they will have to go back to others already interviewed and ask new questions to make sure that they have covered all the areas.

we have had these such discussions about a trillion times here. the nba draft is all about potential. if ricky and aj dont have a better year this year, they will not be first round picks. dont look now, but neither look better at this early part in the season then they were last year. many a player that at one time was considered a high pick as an underclassmen stayed and only worsened their position because the draft guys believed they hand then peaked. so no, i am not kidding. there is nothing guaranteeing either will be a first round pick imo.

thicks, i believe had the assault never happened, the focus that began to intensify would have never happened and the the whole out of control slide would not have happened. missouri would have skated through the whole debacle.