John Duff

GOSLU68

On the Billiken Club board. We had starters like Clagget and Highmark but we had reserves who were scrappy and who could

fire up 3 pointers like H Waldmann and John Duff. They knew they would get only so many ninutes and their job was to fire it up

Carlos Skinner only playedif he rebounded JJ.

These guys were classy because they had a role.

h waldman was a sub for about 4 games of his billiken career. it didnt take charlie long to realize that carlos mccauley was no h waldman.

If we are all pining for another John Duff, then this program is bound to stay stuck in neutral. He was a real nice shooter. If I am not mistaken he ranks in the Billiken's all-time top ten list for three pointers made in a season. However, I think it is over-simplifying to say a player in his mold is the missing piece. You still have to be able to get your shot off consistently. Guys who are solely set-shooters only play limited roles on any decent team because they are pretty easy to defend. Paxson and Kerr could hit threes better than most guys could hit free throws but they didn't have huge minutes because that was really all they could do. For that matter, if left alone I bet Drew Diener could have hit threes all day and all night, but he never did because he couldn't get his shot off. Luke Meyer is the same way on the current team. He is a real nice shooter if there is no one within 10 feet of him.

Now, if you say we could use another Claggett or H Waldman then you wouldn't get an argument from me. You had to respect the other things they could do which made their jumper that much more lethal. I could see KL becoming like this if he remembers that he can drive as well as shoot.