From here ....

slufanskip

Here is a breakdown of who we have played and who we have left with their Ken Pom RPI's and the records of who we have left ... just curious if anyone would change their prediction at this time if they could .... or what would you predict now.

We are 7-7 with an RPI of 96

Played

W ... Eastern Il ...... 297

L ...@Hawaii .......... 86

W ... SIUC ............ 32

L ...@UW Milw. ........ 14

W ... Jackson St ...... 243

L ...@UNC ............. 19

W ...@Oakland ......... 257

L ...@Mississippi ..... 105

W ... Kennessaw ....... 154

L ... Gonzaga ......... 4

W ... Chicago St ...... 260

L ... Iowa ............ 15

W ... St. Bonnie ...... 251

L ...@Geo Wash ........ 58

Remaining My prediction

UMass ....... 7-5 .... 121

@Richmond .... 8-7 .... 193

@Xavier ...... 10-2 ... 54

St. Joes .... 6-6 .... 47

Fordham ..... 6-9 .... 157

@Rhode Il .... 7-6 .... 133

Xavier ...... 10-2 ... 54

@Dayton ...... 7-8 .... 164

@Duquesne .... 2-12 ... 314

Temple ...... 7-6 .... 59

Rhode Il .... 7-6 .... 133

@Charlotte ... 10-5 ... 81

Dayton ...... 7-8 .... 164

@LaSalle ..... 10-3 ... 122

I think we beat Umass, Richmond, Fordham, Dayton x 2, Duq, RI home,

for 7 more wins

I think we lose to Xav x 2, @Char, Temple for 4 losses

I think the toss up games are St. Joes, @RI, @LaSalle

If I had to pick I would say we win St. Joes and @ La Salle and lose @RI. leaving us 16-12.

Of course we could lose every game and we could win every game so I will predict with 100% accurracy that we will win between 7 and 21 games.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Believe it or not I have picked every game so far. Pure luck but I just picked the likely winner based upon home or away and the rankings. I picked us to lose every game on the road to this point because we were relying so heavily on freshmen and I picked us to lose to Iowa and Gonzaga at home. I could have been wrong and I wish I had been wrong with a couple of the ranked teams that we could have beaten. From this point on I think the predicitons are much tougher.

The only road game that I think is a likely win is the Duquesne. Any other win on the road would be a mild to a huge upset because I would bet that we will be the underdog in each of those games. I have watched Xavier play twice and we would need to play a great game to beat that team so there is not way to pick a win against them although anything could happen.

I predict that we will go 8-6 from here to the conf tournament. That will require us to win at home against the teams we will be expected to beat and pull a couple of upsets. I hope we will be much better but I cannot see more than 8 wins from here until the tournament. I hope I am wrong!!!!!!

Actually, I've got every game right except the Iowa game. I did pick the Oakland game, which you overlooked, if you picked every road game as a loss.

My "beginning of the season picks" were 9-4 from here on out. The only losses I picked are at Xavier, Rhode Island, Dayton, and Charlotte. Yes I would change some picks like the Dayton away game and the Xavier home game. I might also change the Charlotte game, primarily because we have played them well down there when they had good three point shooting.

I feel like most of the rest of you. It is a coin toss with this team and the record from here could be 7-6 or 5-8, or whatever.

I obviously do not speak for Skip, but I agree that we win at LaSalle. LaSalle's competition this year has an average RPI of 203. Take out Villanova who beat LaSalle by 41 points(!!!) and the RPI of their competition rises to 219. The best team they beat was Drexel with an RPI of 103 and they won that game at home by only 12 points. Their wins have come against teams with an average RPI of 243. They may have a good record, but they are not a good basketball team judging from how they have played against good competition.

While SLU has wins over weak teams too, they have hung in with every single team except Mississippi. The Bills opponents have an average RPI of 128. They are accustomed to playing better teams with more athletic players. I think it is reasonable to assume that our young players, by the end of the season when we play LaSalle, will have matured significantly and that the team will be better than the team that almost beat Gonzaga, Iowa, and GW. I don't think that LaSalle can play with a team like that. Keep in mind that LaSalle appears to start 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophomore. We start 2 freshmen, 1 sophomore, and 2 juniors.

And remember, my preseason prediction for the Bills was 11-17 so I am not exactly wearing rose colored glasses.

.... the position is defendable. As always, some items, some intangibles, are left out of the sway. Here's one you didn't mention and probably the #1 thing about that game that is hard to fathom and scares me the most .... Senior Day/Night.

I know that game is the last of the regular season for us and I am guessing without confirming that it is the same for La Salle. La Salle has Steve Smith, a preseason All A10 performer who has toiled in relative anonymity since day one on some pretty bad teams. He's doing the same this year but is winning and I've seen A10 highlights out here where is goal is to go out at least on a winner. And this will be his last game.

Plus, I think he is positioned on the floor where we need a big three or regular four to cover him. That means either Tommie or JJ or VN. That's scary to me and I will actually be in the house to watch it in person. Another one of those "I don't knows" that skip detests me for.

Just a thought .....

My answer to your question is abov ein my response to AlumFan. And its one of those answers you won't like because once again, I just don't know at this point. I agree with AF's breakdown in his answer but just have that one large fear hanging out there.

Same question, different situation ... what changes in your estimation from the home St. Joes game and the home Temple game? We win (granted if you pick one) against St. Joes but lose (early lock if that's a fair word) at home against Temple.

I think I have an idea but I'd rather hear it from you first before I put words out of my mouth or into yours. Please ... no help from AF or anyone else. I just am curious about skip's call.

Nothing more than information reasons.

You bring up a great point that I did not even think about. Senior night is a big deal and that could have a major impact. I guess I would still mark this as a win because I really believe that the maturation of our team versus LaSalle's will be markedly different from here to the end of the season (just because we have such a young team) and that will make the Bills a very tough foe for LaSalle and probably in the A10 tourney as well. With senior night, that probably makes this a much closer game, though.

.. just wanted to see your reasoning. You fail for cheating (looking at broy's homework!) but you pass for turning yourself in. Nice beak even I guess but a typical mark considering the source, eh?