Comedy on the Bernie board

ACE

No, your comment was "we sit and admire pot shots taken at slu on other boards."

My comment was that those are few and far between, whereas here it's almost every other post. I think i've done a good job proving my point. I've never seen anything pro-mizzou here, but I seem to see plenty pro-slu stuff. And actually, a lot of those threads were started by southendzone, who is a SLU guy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is convienent how you picked out the positive quotes and claim nothing negative here. but i find:

"With more cheerleaders "dancing across the floor", an "almost shaking" arena and Soderberg's outstanding coaching, maybe the Bills will get under 200 pretty soon." - lerxst

or

"Even a blind pig sometimes finds an acorn.

SLU should try to beat SMS occasionally before they deem playing Arizona close (and blowing an 8 point half time lead and throwing objects at the opponents free throw shooter) as "big time".

or

"freethrow shooter. Blow a half time lead and make Sportscenter by throwing something during a free throw. Nice job SLU."

or

"Fire sodeberg!"

or

"And......if SLU was playing ..........

Farleigh Dickinson tonight they would be 0-1. LOL"

or

"Another conference change for SLU...

this one should last for about 5 years or so."

or

"I guess if I were actually from St.Louis I might care about y'all's NIT team. But I never think about them."

there are more, so dont act like there are no smokin slu posts there.

Never said there weren't, but like i said, they're few and far between. Most of the SLU posts are about pulley (which doesn't seem too outrageous to me) and many of them are in fact very positive about slu. THAT is the key difference. You're just spinning facts, which i believe you accused me of doing. Do you want me to ask you to apologize to the board? Because if you don't, "you don't exist."

I think Thicks had a good quote on this in the tigerboard when someone posted something about SLU there:

"If what was said on the SLU fans' board bothers you that much, why don't you debate with them there, rather than run back here like a sniveling snitch? This is a board where fans of many different programs come to debate, and you think nothing of seeing a fan of Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas St., or Illinois come to the defense of their favorite program when Mizzou fans start dissing them here. Well, there are fans of other programs that post on Billikens.com who have no problem defending their programs there, so no one would kick you off the board and prevent you from posting (so long as you don't use profanity, make threats, etc. -- I'm one of the moderators there) if you went to express your dissenting sentiments. You certainly wouldn't be the first Missouri fan to take up the battle there.

No, you wouldn't be popular among SLU fans -- but tough! -- but I, personally, would respect you more if you approached it that way rather than keep silent and run back here. I think some other SLU posters would also respect you more for doing that."

and as thicks said, you wont be popular here. you seem to be striving to get us all to accept your b.s. it isnt going to happen. but like thicks said, no problem making your point, just dont expect any love and kisses.

those are all within the last 10 days except the conference one. i distinctly remembered that one so i looked for it. you acted like they never hardly ever happened. and my point is they are there at least weekly but since we as a rule dont respond, they dont stand out. you though have saw fit to make this stand out. if tiger fans didnt respond to us here as we dont there, our comments would look the same here as they do there.

i've seen sludrew and kshoe make select points there but then they leave they do not continue on and on there as you have here the last week. thicks and aj dont count because they are admitted missouri fans but they do not carry on there points there either. who else? what other billikens.com poster that is a billiken fan has posted there and has run the string on and on as you have here?

You've resorted to sophomoric nonsense such as what can only be described as the electronic "silent treatment." When someone mentioned that missouri was no longer under investigation for academic fraud, you said this, "yes in fact missouri has used the occasion to show the world they are actually an academic powerhouse. the fact they have been able to catchup the likes of pulley and clemons academically speaks volumes about the school's prowess in the classroom. the true oxford of the midwest imo." You haranged me for joking with steve even after he explained it was a joke and that it didn't bother him. I think that's childish.

i think my academic notes about missouri was some pretty good sarcasm if i do say so myself. not your typical 6th grade humor.

as to my "harrassment" of you because of the way you treated steve. you see i think a real friend does stand up for his friends when attacked. that is what i was doing for steve. a real friend doesnt try to humiliate his friend in the forum that is that friends pride and joy and a fine accomplishment where that friend is greatly admired and honored. you did that to steve. sure between you, steve and your other friend there was some sort of inside joke. but this forum has about 250 registered users and probably 3x that many non-registered lurkers and fans. they dont know your little inside joke. and it was cruel and mean regardless of what you think. steve is too good of a guy to tell you differently. i dont know you and neither do his other 1000 virtual friends. so we didnt get it.

now the style in which you wrote the first couple of days, i would call that childish. the way you have continued to bombard the board the last few days, that might be considered childish at the very least stubborn no win considering you are at a slu site.