Comedy on the Bernie board

ACE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this Mizzou scandal is hardly on the radar screen. Now if the NCAA orders significant sanctions against Mizzou, then IT WILL BE BIG NEWS nationally.

Think about it. Let's look at one of the elite universities in America, Michigan. Their Fab Five team received plenty of positive press, even if there was a quiet undercurrent brewing about the potential illegalities that took place.

If the NCAA clears Mizzou, the mainstream American fan won't remember it AT ALL.

A) I defended my school when a SLU fan brought up the Mizzou situation. I didn't come here to talk about Mizzou, I came because I (like more than a few people on this board) enjoy both Mizzou and SLU. I went to a SLU game with steve on my birthday last year (the game against tulane that went into about a thousand overtimes.) What did you want me to do? Sit and admire all your pot shots at the school I attend? Who's the naive one again?

I doubt that, but you have a point. There is a lot about Mizzou lately. It's interesting, they tell you not to watch the news before you go to bed. They say it's depressing as a lot of negative things are reported on. Fact is, negative things tend to evoke more emotion and become "news" on a daily basis. I guess if there was nothing negative surrounding Mizzou, it probably wouldn't get so much air time.

Believe, I'm more than happy to talk SLU (although i'm more limited in that capacity, as I rarely get to see them. I might catch a game or two with steve this winter break.) I tried to hop over to the T-Shirt thread to see something other than Mizzou Nonsense, but it was there as well. I think i'm developing a bad rep as a non-slu fan (similar to triangle andtoo), but it's not the case. I just happened on here at a bad time when there was quite a bit of Mizzou bashing going on.

do you see any of us over at the tigerboard running out threads like you have in your short pathetic existence at billikens.com? better think again about who is the obsessed one. take your comments out of these threads and they die very quickly. if i for example went to tigerboard and ran out the few threads about the billikens over there it would look the same as your nonesense has looked here. you alone are responsible for what is on the front page or two here right now. you should be proud of your impact thus far. first you visit here and try to tarnish "your friend's" reputation here, then you dominate the board with your incredible "defense" of spumac. congrats.

My comments are hardly inflammatory. If anything you, roy, have been very inflammatory towards me. I'm merely replying to comments regarding my school. And you'll notice I didn't make any comments on the T-Shirt thread, and it went mizzou-crazy on its own. Don't blame the mizzou on this board on me, every day at least one mizzou thread is made by someone (not me.)

keep telling yourself that. imo, spumac will now be lumped in with the other outlaw programs at least as long as snyder is around. look at other programs that have had problems and then the coaches that left there to go elsewhere. the rep followed the coach even if nothing ever came of allegations. and in many cases it still is that way today at those institutions such as cincy or unlv. they have long ago pushed aside their indiscretions and still have the red arrow pointed at them by public opinion. if missouri wants to clean up their image, they should act to do so. they havent.

This is silly. Roy, I know you're a grown man. Are you honestly going to act so childish? Someone posts something regarding Mizzou, I respond to it, and then you get pissed off and tell me off. This isn't a matter of a "mizzou fan being obsessed with slu." It's a matter of me being not only a fan of slu, but a friend of steve. I'm allowed to post on this board just as much as you are. Don't be elitist, I'm not trying to start a fight with you.

i've never said you cant post. but i will react if you attack steve whether friendly or not, or if you attack the billikens.

as to your positions on the tigers, sure you are free to post them here. but in the same sense, what you have failed to grasp is the general belief by all of our "community" is that it is our house. you come to our house you have to approach the subject matter from our perspective or face the music. you are the one that is dragging these threads out if you dont like it, go to friendly territory. like i said above, i would expect the same treatment if i posted as you have over at the tigerboard about the billikens. that is probably why i dont post at the tigerboard it isnt my community.

well i only visit maybe once a week to read, but usually i find a slu shot when i do. but no one carries it on because typically the slu fans stay out. it is not our home or our place to discuss disagreements in thoughts.

at first i wasnt going to waste my time. like i said, i only visit once a week typically and we all know that volume wise there are more posts on the tigerboard than here. so i didnt feel like searching tonite to prove my point.

but then i thought, hell, who knows maybe i will get lucky and some slu post will be there today. i pull up the tigerboard and i realize that good ole nick has a search button. i put in the letters slu and low and behold there are 30 something mentions of slu in the last 3 days. guess that one kind of blew up on ya.

Take a look at some of these, if you will:

Great game to SLU, those guys played their butts off (nm) - Mizzouwinsitall2004 - 12/6 14:02:42

Glad we aren't playing SLU this year (nm) - Potomac Tiger - 12/6 15:03:18

• Props to SLU and please tell me someone saw that dunk - gutigre - 12/6 19:07:34

Excellent dunk...SLU looks very good. nm - Qrules! - 12/6 19:07:49

if SLU plays like they did against arizona all year - southendzone3 - 12/7 21:09:05 (post about them winning conference USA)

your theme of your most recent swarm of posts was that missouri doesnt even care. rare posts about slu on the board, etc. i show you we do get attention and that billiken fans do not run the threads on forever as you have here.