Please could we all

slufanskip

i'm up whenever something good happens or when i want to advise the refs of errors in judgement or at the end of the game when we need that defensive stop or a big offensive possession. but sorry, i dont agree with standing the whole game. in fact, assuming one gets up and screams at the right time(s), i think it would be more effective to stand up sit down as the action dictates.

and as rich presented, the guys that really p!ss me off are the guys that only stand before and halftime to i assume "stretch" their legs. hey take that out in the corridor. i want to watch the players in warm up and at halftime whatever the halftime entertainment might be.

Along those same lines, people during play keep getting up to go to the bathroom or whatever. Then the other night i was at the Blues game and the ushers make you wait till there is a stoppage in play. I just wish they would do the same thing for SLU games. People walking up and down block the view of the game.

is the leaving early to beat the traffic. that makes me crazy. especially the people that leave when it is a close game. why even come if you arent going to see how it ends?

i cant think of a single game i ever left early, but i see tons of folks and a lot of times the same people, leave every game early.

Roy - I used to agree with you on this but have learned to empathize a little more on this. You have no idea why people are leaving early. Are most of these people leaving early to beat traffic - probably a good chance. But, I'd rather have a fan come to the game and make some noise and leave early if they knew we had the game in hand then somebody come to the game, sit on their hands, not make a peep, and get on me for standing and cheering. I don't agree with people leaving early when the game is tied or when we are down slightly. That never made sense to me. But, each to their own I guess. I know I would always rather have folks come to the game and root our Billikens on then not come to the game. If they want to leave early when we have the game in hand so be it.

I myself have left early on several occasions when we were blowing the team out. Not because I was bored or because or didn't want to appreciate the closing minutes, but I don't have as much free time as I used to. I've left early during blow outs to get home to see my daughter before bed. Not sure that makes me a bad fan and if it does I'd rather have the "good father" label. The guys that shares my season tickets with me and has for years has been dealing with a wife in and out of Barnes for most of the season so far. He's come to very few games this year and the few he has he has gotten there late and had to leave early. It is what it is. Not sure everybody is in the say predicaments as these situations but I my schedule is not like it is used to be, where I go make every single game, get there an hour early, and then hang a few minutes after. I wish I could. Heck, I wish I could post as much as I used, unfortunately it is what it is.

I was suprised Roy because you got on me one time several years ago when I said that crowds were lame and old. For the new posters, that's where the history of the Nacho throwing came from. You got on me and said that these people I was referring to were big boosters and gave money and support to the Billiken program and they could do what they wanted. If you still see things that way, then you shouldn't mind if any of these people leave early either.

but i still find it amazing they leave early. even in the close games like last week vs top 10 gonzaga. same people leaving early. you can count on it. last tv timeout, they are gone.

You are right, it's the same dang, usually old, people leaving early for the most part. They ought to put a decible-meter on you and base your ticket price on noise level as a prerequisite for courtside seats. Leave early and it goes to the max price......

PS To Tonka: Be a good dad and Billiken Fan: TAKE THE KID TO THE GAME! According to Savvis rules you can take a kid up to age two that can sit in your lap. My boy went rent free till age 4 but I always carried him throught the turnstiles.........

i have sold my umass tix. the university should be ashamed of playing at that piece of crap of an arena with their worthless stupid setup and parking lot and i wont set foot there again if i can help it. i am making that statement before playing the game. how does that compare to the thrill of a game going down to the last second that a fan is knowingly at? i dont see the conection.

To me, not going to a game because of the parking is about the same as leaving the game so early that you miss the tip off. I get the fact that you are making a point by doing this but it's still hard to fathom.

I've not been following the Bills since Ekker but I have driven through freezing rain to the games. I've broken speed limits and the laws of physics to get from our corporate headquarters in Town and Country leaving at 1pm and getting to Savvis nearly in time for the tip off.

You want the students to queue up for intermittant freaking buses to get to the games but you won't go because you have to wait in line for a while to leave???

rich it is my opinion that the two games at st charles was a ploy by th administration to draw attention to the arena issue. no one has told me that, but i find it hard to believe that there were no other schedule alternatives. the experience was horrible. not only the parking and waiting to be tortured by the parking debacle, but then they definitely screwed us in our "comparable" seating. my seats were no where near as good as my savvis seats.

hey, i too have braved elements and personal schedules to be at billiken games. i remember an sms game a few years ago that was attended by about 200 of us due to the weather.

you are correct. my not going to umass has more to do with what i think about the whole st charles experience.

No doubt the game scheduling and the seating arrangements are a flaming crock of poopie BUT fans are at the games. That's how it is imo.

I hope to God we aren't leading by one when some fascist of a ref, who hasn't been schooled by you all game this time, makes a chicken poo call that gives UMASS free throws with no time left on the clock.......

Then again if your seats were as screwed up as mine you'd need a bullhorn for the ref's to hear you.........