T-Shirt Redesign

SluSignGuy

Okay, how is this:

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=slusigng...l.com&F=design5

I saw your trademarked post nark, and this is what SLU has:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=e5n8sn.2.3

I don't know exactly what that means, but what if I used the OLD Billiken logo, the one with the Crown? Is that thing still trademarked, or ever trademarked?

Steve

(a) I would send a copy of your proposed t-shirt design to the athletic department prior to printing to see if they have any objections on the trademark end.

(B) Like the redesigned front.

© Too much clutter on the back. Suggest just screen name over "Billikens.com".

I like the shirt. It be nice to get it in long sleeve, since basketball is during the cold season. It would also be nice to see it in white long sleeve with navy blue writing. At sompe point, you will just have to decide as you won't be able to accomodate everyone.

I go with the Royal blue because there seem to be complaints on this board that SLU offers nothing of a BLUE color. I could do a poll, but I want to get a design finished an approved, then we can do the nit picks of color and such.

Steve

It is the Billiken logo presently used by SLUH. It is, however, the original Billiken logo used by both the high school and the college. Sometime during the early to mid 80's, the college decided to go with the more lovable, smurf-like version of the Billiken. The Billiken statute outside of West Pine is the original Billiken (i.e., the one used by the high school). If you run a search of Billiken on ebay, you will probably find close to 100 collector items (unrelated to SLUH or SLU) that resemble the orignal Billiken. I much prefer the original Billiken.