RPI Rank

davidnark

It is up to 104.

See http://www.kenpom.com/conf.php?c=A10

It should rise in the next three weeks with games against Kennesaw St (71), Gonzaga (8), and Iowa (53).

Steve, is there anyway you could place a link to SLU's RPI rank on the top of this board? Ken Pomeroy updates the above site daily.

Kennesaw State games is an interesting game, I think we all saw cupcake on the schedule, but they have a decent RPI perhaps inflated by playing GW (who destriyed them). This perhaps might be the scheduling gods giving us a cupcake that might win its conference.

Miss., though is a surprisingly low RPI, who I would hope we can come away with a win on the road. IT is the next step, road win against a team from a good conference.

This is why looking at the RPI in early December is still dangerous. Somehow KS has a 71 RPI yet they are 3-2 in D1 games with wins over Belmont, Lamar and Lipscomb. Not included in their RPI is a D2 loss to St. Pauls. They are not a good team.

Its good to see the A-10 slowly moving up the rankings as its now the 7th best conference by RPI. that being said yesterday was a down day for the A-10 with St. Joes, Dayton, Charlotte, Rhode Island and Richmond all losing to not all that impressive names. Temple did beat Alabama which is nice but all in all its not a good day.

I like Pomeroy's RPI sight but prefer to to look at his Pomeroy rating which inculded the margin of victory in the calculation and also predict the remainder of the season. Kenesaw is ranked 239 by that metric and we are favored in the game at Mississippi. Finals regular season prediction of 15-13.

Good observation.

It does give one a yardstick to see trends, and compare a little. As we get to the end of Dec it will mean more, for sure.

That being said, the Pomeroy league RPI has us ranked at 7, with a big jump to the next level, as 3-6 average RPI is closely bunched between 91-99. A10 is at 138, in seventh place. As recently as 2 weeks ago, we were in 12-14th place.

I'm liking how things are unfolding, hearing of increased interest around town. Buddy of mine told me of a former season ticket holder who had dropped them, now has purchased a package of 6 games for this year. Continued success and effort will increase our visibility, especially if the Blues and Mi$$ou continue as they have.

mhg

No, neither loss were terrible but both were on their home court and Depaul isn't very good this year. That being said those that believe in not playing any cupcakes should look at Depaul's schedule. They only play one team that I would call a cupcake in Florida International. The rest are tough match-ups and regional games.

the Ken Pomeroy site gets updated daily, which is fun to follow as the season goes along, as long as you don't get too caught up on the day to day foibles of the college basketball season.

the site gives you every team, their record, RPI of your opponents (past and future) and each conference.

The numbers above include Saturday's games.

mhg

Not necessarily. The screwy thing about the RPI is that you can lose and move up just by playing a tough opponent. We moved up 60 pts the nite we lost to UNC.

That's why you don't fret too much about one nite.

I like the site as it has your teams opponents and their RPI's listed neatly. Let's those who like to follow but not obscess about things see the general rank of the opponents-to-be. I saw that Kennesaw State had a great RPI, but that they also had lost to two D2 schools. Not Carolina(18, 5-1), but not Eastern Illinois (255, 0-5)either.

mhg