EIU-the good/the bad and the ugly

bauman

Sorry I was too optimistic picking the Bills by 26-if only Brad had let us take a shot at the end. If I get this close on another prediction I'm heading to Vegas.

THE GOOD:

-TL and KL made you forget they were freshmen playing their first game-much better than you have a right to expect from a FR. Tommie for overall game and Kevin for shooting and defending. I see KL as our best 3 pt shooter throughout the season.

-IV made some really exceptional passes, played well on Off. even while being double teamed. A little more intensity would help on the boards. Good job staying out of foul trbl.

-AD a good job of leadership and excelled on defending against their top scorer

-DB shows the potential to be a real gem and our leading scorer

-Free throws-nice to have IV/KL/TL and especially DB at the line

-Defense picked up from 2 exhibition games-much more intense with just a few breakdowns.

-Teamwork-they seem to really jell as a unit, if anything being too unselfish

-Depth-no matter who we sub we seem to do well

THE BAD:

-No Band

-Very few students

-JJ not getting 15-20 minutes

-LM not ready yet-still showing signs of rust.

-The first 10 minutes

THE UGLY:

Getting into the facility(I've already ranted on this elsewhere).

I agree with your post. I thought AD and VN both played nice games, even though it might not show up in the box score. I was glad to see Luke out there - he seemed to be moving well, even though his shot wasn't falling. That will come back with time, I'm sure.

I can understand the lack of student attendance with the holiday and all. That said, there were probably more students there than we've had at past games!

Lack of band really makes a difference. It's just not the same without them.

KFNS seems to have a sample of the fight song that they play underneath every time they come back to Rammer. Perhaps the live stream does the same thing.

For a relatively new arena, the sound system out there was appalling. (No high end whatsover.) The only merit of playing out there was that it showed the benefit of a 75%-filled arena as opposed to a 33%-filled arena.

Overall, a near-perfect first game -- "near-perfect," even given the shooting, because they might have got a bit too confident had they blown them out by Xavier's margin. I say keep us hungry and keep us an underdog until, say, the second round of the Big Dance.