Congrats Lady Bills Soccer

HenryB

This is great and we've only had Women's Soccer since 96' (right?).

I don't know what is up with the men's team. We had a chance to make a statement in a new conference coming in and dominating and getting into all the other schools heads that we are the top dog. We didn't do that and have missed an opportunity. I just hope we can make the tourney now. You never know in soccer sometimes you hit the post and sometimes you find the back of the net.

SLU defeated Richmond 3-0 today at Richmond and Duquesne lost to Charlotte 1-0. SLU earns at least a tie with Dayton, who didn't have to play SLU or Duquesne. Dayton is playing Temple right now.

Also congrats to SLU women. SLU women will have won both reg season and A-10 crown. This will get them in the tournament and hopefully a home game first round. To be objective, SLU didn't register a win over a ranked team, and this will and should hurt them in post-season seedings. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't get a good draw. They are in, which is what's important. They now have an opportunity to prove themselves in the NCAA tournament. Their chances to beat Santa Clara and Duke fell short both times, add in unexpected loss to OU...Duke lost this weekend in ACC semis to Carolina, after finishing the reg season 4th in the powerful ACC. Santa Clara is strong. I have seen enough of women's top 25 teams this season to comfortably say SLU women on any given day can play with most ranked teams. IMO, they can be as good as a 15-25 ranked team this year. Nothing better than that...but that is pretty good. They unfortunately get a few ranked opponents a year. And despite hard efforts, they are still coming up short against the ranked opponents 2-1 etc...they have rolled the A-10, but level of competition will change quickly soon. They definitely have a chance to win a couple of games in the tourney, as they can play with most teams if they play mistake free.