Chris Carrawell signs with Rocheste Razorsharks

Newberry

i may be wrong but steve's site doesnt have conference records but the final season of the gmc i believe slu had an equal record to cincy and lost on tie breakers. they also lost the championship of the gmc tourney in milwaukee that year on a last second shot by cincy after claggett had just made a monster shot to go ahead on the other end.

applause applause for your details of carrwell's career at duke. but i would be much more interested in carlos mccauley's stats at slu.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see phan that you have brought your good cheer to this board now. maybe you can get everyone to quit posting over here too!

i hope you had a good night's rest last night and your day is going well. keep your head up. life will get better.

phan said,

"You've managed to ruin a perfectly good post about Chris Carrawell. Thanks."

which by billiken.com rule belongs on the other board. you know the board you try to ruin all the conversation on.

i need to call my wife to tell her i now own an insurance company. i havent decided what state it will be located in yet since i didnt know i owned one until just minutes ago.

I REPEAT Broy, "So if you couldn't care less, than why did you post about it? You know, you don't have to post about EVERYTHING?"

I notice how you avoid certain questions.

If I can get you to stop posting i will be happy.

Why do you hate so much Roy? It was just an update on a former St. Louis high school basketball star. Relax. If you don't like it, go post on the other 50 sites post on.

i also give money to the billiken club each year besides buying the brick this year.

i am glad to hear you sit courtside and park next to kim tucci. i understand that kim is the only person that gets to park on the street at rams games so you obviously are in high company! that's great.

aj didnt say that. he only said that he wouldnt have played on any ncaa teams at slu. the fact is he would have most certainly played on at least 2 if not more with his presense. and who knows add a chris carrawell, maybe hughes wins another game in the tourney and agrees to stay another year and then you got love, carrawell and hughes maybe that adds another appearance and they go even further. so to say he never would have played in a final 8 or final 4 is subjective. maybe duke doesnt play in a final 8 or 4 those years if chris isnt there.

there is nothing i ever said on this board that i did not say to garrison, braun or irby's face. any ***** that i posted on this board about marketing or administration at slu i can guarantee you i told them in person as well.

as a booster, you are not doing the program any good if you dont make observations and suggestions when warranted. that doesnt mean that i did not have a friendly rapport with them though. and i fail to see what would be wrong with that.

They basically told me that you were FULL OF IT! I posted on here about a former st.louis bball player. I thouht peole would lik eto know. But youhave to go and ruin it and talk about how Chris shouldn't have went to DUKE and went to SLU. Not eveybody likes SLU ROU, I love it went there and played there but it doesn't mean you have to like it. I played in the late 70's when we sucked but I still ove the school.

well if that is true, then you should be talking to them about not being honest with me. i was. if they werent that is a separate issue. i refuse to believe they would have had adverse feelings as such. if so, they did a great camillion job.

Well, mark me down for the other side of the fence Roy. Sure it is good to be informed as to Billiken Alumni on this board. It is also of interest to me, what those who considered or didn't consider SLU are doing these days. It is always okay to ignore a thread.

As far as the argument of whether or not he made the better choice going to Duke or SLU, on andoff the court, or how successful his career was...it has been debated enough for me above. Some kids want to go away to school for a different life experience. ...which I am sure you agree there is nothing wrong with that...and even more so considering some of the fine schools mentioned. Choosing to ignore the info or updates of those is fine. It is also just fine to not hold animosity to those just because they didn't pick SLU.

animosity and indifference are two different things. my point is, locals want to go elsewhere, fine. but then dont come back expecting high fives and congrats.

and second, this board is for billiken talk. so if a chris carrawell thread deserves to be on here, i assume that makes it a discussion on should chris have been a billiken. if not, then the thread should be on the other board.

Broy said

"and second, this board is for billiken talk. so if a chris

carrawell thread deserves to be on here, i assume that makes

it a discussion on should chris have been a billiken. if

not, then the thread should be on the other board."

You know darn well there are posts on this board that have nothing to do with the Billikens or at the very least have little to do with the Bills. The point more than one of us is trying to make is YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST ON EVERY SUBJECT. We get it. You are a know it all blow hard. You don't need to reminds 500 times a day.

I'm sorry that your life is so miserable that you need the validation that posting 500 times a day on this board gives you. Here's hoping your home life improves so you don't need to be such a hater on here. Let it go.

Roy, you make no sense. You analyze ###### way too much. Just sit back and relax and let the good times roll.

By the way Roy, I know way more information about slu athletics than you. Like how CL told coach champion and coach young of the womens soccer teams to not sit on soccer ball during the game because it doesn't look like they are coaching. Why would she say that, I have no clue but why should it matter when they are winning. I have all the scoop ROy and don;t post if you don't like the topic you blow hard, start donating some more money you BODAGERT

If the issue is whether or not the thread is on the offseason board or this one...I have no problem with it on that board instead. I don't think anybody expected handstands and applause because someone posted what he was up to now. I am sure some people had zero interest, and some were curious about the information. Assuming everyone has zero interest would be an incorrect assumption in this case.

I for one was mildly interested.

To think Carrawell made a mistake by attending Duke...tough to support that argument on any level. Try visiting Duke. On a basketball level, social level, geographic level, campus level, academic level, future career level...Duke certainly brings a lot to the table, ...doesn't mean anyone has to root for Duke or all should bow to Duke...but the argument that he would have been better off at SLU and "made a mistake" really has weak support for debate imo.

Yes, there definitely is a difference between indifference and doing handstands, and pouring negativity on a kid who chose elsewhere. Your posts in the thread led me to believe your stance was not just one of indifference.

Cheers

There's no way this guy is who he says he is. He's acting like some sort of hot shot donor, but talking like a low class prick. Buddy, if you had a clue, you'd realize that not everybody can afford to give huge amounts of money. People give what they can afford. Some can buy bricks, some can pay for naming rights. In the end, we're all fans and supporters of the university and should be treated accordingly. First you say you donate all this money and have a parking spot next to Kim Tucci. Then you stop donating altogether because they fired Jim Braun. Then you say we need to be donating more. Which is it, man?

P.S. - I agree with courtsides take on this subject. Some people are probably interested. If you don't care about the guy, just don't read the thread.