'SLU's loose cannon

slu72

is JJ. What is the inside scoop on this kid? He gives us a glimpse of what he could be after a few games then he rides the pine. This kid is his is own roller coaster ride. We got the protypical PF body with athleticism but yet? I just don't get it. Anyone watch the Apprentice? Last week the project leader got criticised for not managing a loose cannon. If JJ's unmanageable why does he stay?

Justin Johnson's having limited playing time is not a result of his "being a loose cannon," notwithstanding his previous difficulties adjusting. Rather, it's because Izik Ohanon deserves so much more to be on the floor. It is when Ohanon is in foul trouble that Johnson is pressed into extended action.

Luke Meyer's time has also been limited; does that make him a loose cannon?

Thicks, I think you have to add one other element to explain why JJ has had his minutes curtailed lately--the emergence of Ian. Before Ian stepped up, Izik was playing a lot of center and that would leave minutes for JJ at PF. Ian played 36 minutes against TCU which I am sure is a career high. Izik played 32. Doesn't leave much time for JJ regardless of how he plays in practice.

I think you are right on. With the effort Izik has displayed AND Ian coming around, it just limits the available minutes. That being said, it seems anytime Izik picks up his 2nd foul, unless it is late in the game, JJ makes an appearance.

JJ's other issues may or may not be resolved, but I think his contribution next year is CRITICAL with Izik gone, unless Brad comes up with some surprises with the last two scholarships. However, since the coaches have commented that they are going after four year players, the likelihood of a major contributor next year at the 4 is pretty remote.

No, I figure Luke's time is limited by the number of guards we have and the fact the LM in his limited playing time hasn't shown us flashes of brilliance. But JJ has, the Oakland game stands out. Then he kind of disappears again. It wasn't intended to be a knock, just thought you guys closer to the situation might have an answer.