Charlotte Game

Basketbill

While this season has not been fun, the last four games SLU has played, they have played about as well as we should have expected. We played Iowa tough on the road, played Cinci tough at home, Beat Tulane, and almost stole a game on the road against a good team. Moreover, staying in that game against Charlotte was remarkable considering Izik got in foul trouble, having had guard Withers (who scored only 13 pts, of which 6 came from beyond the arc) .

Since this is clearly a rebuilding year, it is good to see Polk, Brown, IV, and JJ contribute 28 pts, 23 rbs, 7 ast is something that is hopeful.

3Star's post regarding what does Brad have to do, "to keep his job" is inappropriate.

While I do not like having to lower my expectations this year, we have to. The only way we can raise them is to win CUSA tourney.

I agree ... that is what I have been saying. This season looks to be tough ... so we have to stay positive look for improvement and pray for a miracle.

Actually in all reality ... we are exactly where I would have expected us to be in CUSA play. If we continue to play better we could be decent in conference and have something to build upon for next year.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

"While I do not like having to lower my expectations this year, we have to."

I've already lowered my expectations for this season AND the following season. But there has to be some minimum threshold of performance that Brad has to meet to keep his job next season, even with lowered expectations. Every job has a performance threshold employees are expected to meet.

While we played tough, some of the substitutions being made left me scratching my head. First of all, we put ourselves up 5 and then we took RB out. After that we proceeded to stay at 48 for the next 5 minutes.

I know I have said this before but drejaj really doesnt give us what we need at the end of the game. Polk controls the game, and Brown is also solid. Drejaj's drive to the basket and then pass into the lane to 4 Charlotte players personifies his offensive effectiveness with less than 3 minutes to go. Polk was playing well, and was not a liability on defense. Does anyone think that drejaj will get this much playing time next year? I really hope the masses say "NO".

IV really played well tonight. I loved the 15 foot jumper. If he can hit that consistently the defense will really be stretched. JJ and DB are solid. JJ's tip in was nice, but he just needs to get a little stronger. IV really doesnt let people push him around. And looking ahead if JJ gets stronger the pieces are actually in place for next year.

Polk

Lisch

Liddell

JJ

IV

and insert DB into lisch or liddell's spot if one needs a little more time developing. Am I too optimistic? Its possible

Nick

Yeah I agree, i don't think Brad will get fired, besides he is in the rebuilding stage, he'll grow from experience just like the players. I don't necessarily think it's his fault alone that the team isn't winning, basically the whole team including coaches, health issues and the C-USA refs, can carry weight in their losses this seasns.

I was pissed last night at the game, those refs were terrible. I just can't even believe it, I know the refs were normally terrible but this took the cake. I believe the refs (mainly one ref) took SLU out of their game. I also can't believe Polk wasn't shooting last night..he had open looks and passed it up. But as he continues on I'm sure that will improve. The guys were playing so good. I actually like the line with DP, DB, RB, IO, IV and AD, DB, RB, IO, JJ.... All in all, for the first time, I saw how good this team is, and what they're missing, they just need to get that agressiveness, that animalistic drive on the court, I think and then they'll be fine. I saw a little of that from Ian at one point.

I just read post about Tom, I asked where he was, So is he not allowed to travel with the team, because he has concussions? I would think he could support the team from the bench..it is his senior year? Anyone knows whats up with that.

Hey Steve, Reg said he talked to you the other day, he just knew u were the sign guy until you two had a conversation. He was very impressed by you. Said you were nice. Also said, dang, my sister is more known than I am..hahahahaha :)

See that's what I don't get, DB played very well last night, he's exhibited this play in several games, he's the only new person I believe that actually came to play this year. I really hope he gets in that starting line up along with Drejaj and Polk. Lisch and Liddell will need to earn they're spots, especially Liddell (yes I mean his mindchanging fiasco this summer). He shouldn't come right in and start...make these guys compete and work for the spot, no hand outs. I believe Polk, will be used to the system a little better by then and will shoot with more confidence, and Danny knows the system and will improve as a player...he has already helped us a lot this year, so I'm hoping his efforts and contributions will work for him next year.

I had the good fortune to attend last nite's game and managed to sit right behind the SLU bench.

This was a good all-around effort by SLU. Second half free throws were not dropping, and our bigs were not going to the hoop as aggressively as they could have on offense, otherwise solid performance. What can DP do to become a confident shooter?

Halton arena is a very nice facility. There were only about 7500 fans in attendance, yet the building was fairly full and quite lively. SLU fans will really love having their own arena.