Attendance last night

gruehls

gruehls dont forget the savviss holds over 22k. there is an upper deck as well that doesnt show on tv. i would guess there was close to the announced number.

btw, this is the dirtiest bearcat team since the old fortson/long bunch. nick williams should be in jail. cusa should step in and make him sit for every game that dwayne is out. kirkland had a headlock on a billiken last night and got in a nice forearm shot to the side of the head as well. would have made ali proud. i am sure izik ohannon went to bed last night feeling he will miss the comfort of the strong arms of eric hicks around him and his thighs pressed against izik's backside. it is reassuring to know the refs encourage that. too often in today's society, the authority figures, like the referees, seem to discourage that type of open affection.

it is good to see huggins has taken his cardiac problems serious. he looks all puffed up and he certainly isnt calm on the sidelines. his whining last night was equal to any huggy performance i can remember. it must be very assuring to know he is the best at "working" the refs that there is. he surely did a fine job of it last night. i thought it was interesting that his outfit last night consisted of a jacket he couldnt button and a pair of slacks that didnt match. he is a trend setter.

other than that, it was good to have the bearcats back for their encore appearance.

Real hard to tell, since we (and apparently no NCAA team) don't ever report actual attendance. I'd ballpark it at between 7,000 and 8,000, thanks in part to those like the three black-tank-topped, red-haired high-school kids who sat directly in front of our season tickets (with tickets bought and paid for by walking up to the window at game time). By the way, Gruehls, did you pick me out directly behind them when the Fox 19 cameras showed them during a first-half time out? I mouthed a message to you (although board decorum probably precludes repeating it :) .)

Savvis generally looks more than half-empty when we have less than 10,000, because, well, that means it's more than half-empty. When we get to 10,000 or above, the lower bowl makes it to 75 or 80 percent and the whole atmosphere changes quite a bit.

> his thighs pressed against izik's backside. it is reassuring to know the refs encourage that. too often in today's society, the authority figures, like the referees, seem to discourage that type of open affection.

Slufanskip did a good job last night noting this to the refs. I believe his insinuation was that Huggy must have previously had his thighs pressed against at least one of the refs' backsides.

Y'know ... I was thinking .... 8,000 in a 12,000 seat venue would make the place about ... what 93% full? Math for College Folks was a hard course for me so the percentage might be slightly off.

This is why we cannot continue to play at Savvis. Sorry. I can't see 22,000 showing up no matter how good the good times are as we host Fordham or Duquesne.

I know there are some against it but all opinions are welcome.

I would think gruehls, that all the Billiken faithful were there ... you don't get many bandwagon folks jumping on at 3 and 13 or whatever we are now.

While not predicting doom-and-gloom for those of our CUSA-ers going ot the Big (L)East, it will be interesting to see them banging up against the likes of UConn, Pitt, Providence, and some others. Don't know how it will go and am not making a prediction but if I had to ... I think Cincy will better hold its own over DePaul, Marquette and certainly SoFlorida.

>Real hard to tell, since we (and apparently no NCAA team)

>don't ever report actual attendance. I'd ballpark it at

>between 7,000 and 8,000, thanks in part to those like the

>three black-tank-topped, red-haired high-school kids who sat

>directly in front of our season tickets (with tickets bought

>and paid for by walking up to the window at game time). By

>the way, Gruehls, did you pick me out directly behind them

>when the Fox 19 cameras showed them during a first-half time

>out? I mouthed a message to you (although board decorum

>probably precludes repeating it :) .)

i could read what you mouthed; i didn't realize you were such a champion of the anatomically impossible.

please remind roy that sour grapes make a fine whine.

You want to re-check that math or is that your final answer? I don't want to write it on my cheat sheet if there are still doubts. Thanks, skip.

On another note, what's a good tip percentage?

Taj ... I thought you were serious, I didn't catch the sarcasm ...

sorry ... I wasn't meaning to be insulting.

Next about tipping ... I think you tip your car guy very well, about 25% ... after that I don't care.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Talk to broy ... he'll explain my humor. Then talk to naticat. I'm figuring the truth is somewhere in between. But never ...... NEVER .... listen to Bonwich!

Tipping my car guy???? Spoken like a focused auto man.

skip said, "As a friend of JC's Bonwich is out."

hmmm, i like jc.......i like bonwich.........i like taj..........where do you fit then skip?

btw, taj has no sense of humor. but he did buy me a beer. so i got that going for me. i also have studied his technique of evaluating dance teams for years and believe he is probably the best judge of talent in maybe the country. no one works harder at it than taj.

.. I can be proud of! Dance Team Evaluator! I've learned well from the Doc in Dayton! We can look at everyone ... except his 21-year-old daughter, former Olympic gymnast hopeful, current senior at Illinois. Sadly, she is off-limits.

A couple of Baby Blues made our All-Conference team last year. A first! Usually UC and Memphis dominate. And some southern belles from SoMiss and Charlotte have been good. I digress ......