Tonight's Game

Tonka

i agree, we have witnessed a lot worse games in just my 25 years of following the billikens first hand than last nite. overall, i agree considering our probable best scorer wasnt there and it is still early in the season, it could have been a lot worse. give the eku players some credit. they played hard and shot extremely well. the ingredients were there for an upset imo.

>i will be shocked if sloan is considered our best player by

>year end. i love chris sloan, but for us to compete for an

>ncaa spot, he better be our third player. i am not

>expecting chris to come down, i am expecting izik and bryant

>to rise above chris. chris will maintain what he is doing.

>he is too intense not too. the key to this team offensively

>is to have reggie and izik rise up.

Right now Sloan is our best player and our biggest contributor. He is the total package at this point - points, boards, defense. Look at how he carried SLU down the stretch to make sure they never gave up the lead - clutch.

Will Reg be better? Perhaps, but I can't annoint someone our best player who hasn't played a game in a Billiken uni yet. Potentially yes, but right now it's Sloan.

I think even when Reggie gets back Fisher is still gonna play 38 min a game. Sloan and Fisher are probably in the best shape of their lives. It's their senior year coach is gonna have to drag those to off the floor. Anthony has to run the offense ever time down the court and not throw up prayers. 24 points off 24 turnovers thats pretty good. Sounded like on the radio their guards couldn't miss the one guy hit like 6 straight shots. Then Fisher shut him down is what the radio guys said. 40 min 5 assists 10 points 2 steals in box score but sounded like more on the radio. Could have had more rebounds but a solid job at the point. Sloan sounded solid he is a great player and it really is gonna help to have 2 good solid senior leaders on the floor in sloan and fisher. I think coach is gonna work so great magic this year. First home opener win in three years that a start and I thind a good one. Go Billikens keep working hard. Lets try and get some more people to the games, though 9700 is pretty good.

We didn't beat TM last year. Our team showed guts down the stretch even with the line up coach had in at the end we still stayed in the game and held the lead for the last 3 minutes this team is only gonna get better 1-0-0 great start lets keep going. When was the last time the bills shot 80% from the line I think we hit all our free throws at the end that shows great concentration and that sloan and fisher weren't as tired as everyone thinks.

Well I'm very glad to see that SLU won, as stated plenty of times before I am excited about this year. Soderberg just stated exactly the same sentiments as myself when he said he doesn't want a go to guy, but wants all of his guys to be in double figures. I'm with that! Reg will be back, and hopefully add to the team. But we definitely don't want to sleep on the efforts of the other players. I believe any one of these guys can be "the guy" at any time. I haven't talk to Reg since early friday, but I'm sure he was cheering the guys on keeping them pumped up, eventhough he's on the bench the players still need that push and encouragement. If he's slacking in the "cheering" department, please yell at him for me guys. :)

When I see the disparity in skill vs. production and effort from IO, Matt Baniak always comes to mind-sometimes players just never get it-you have to play the game with intensity or just sit down. Come on IO, kick it up a couple of notchs.