Shootout

slufanskip

slufanskip,.i go every year. i will be there with my son, naticat, and a friend of my son. i will let you know where we will be sitting when my tix arrive.

Roy ... did you get yours through the Billiken Club ?

Your son Naticat ... you must be so ashamed :)

You and my Dad must feel the same ... As I've said before ... my family are all huge, huge Longhorn fans, I grew up an OU fan. Boy did we have some fun battles back then. In the late 70's when my brother and I were in our late teens we used to go to downtown Dallas where they always had a pretty wild rally on friday nights. It would be him I and about 4 or 5 of his friends from UT, everyone is yelling about the other teams, lots of fights and all, but being with them in the UT groups ... the UT fans were always trying to fight me ... but no matter what I said or did we always stuck together ... just shows family first. Same at the games ... he always got tickets through UT and I had to sit in the UT student section wearing my OU red. Those were the days.

Obviously this year ... I am getting to talk the smack. OU may have one of the best teams in the history of college football. Just a couple of games left.

skip naticat is not my son. but he has become one of my best friends. my naticat story is actually interesting. i used to be a regular poster at the old espn chat line for college basketball. naticat was a regular there as well. we became cyber friends. i invited him to visit st louis and see a game with me and sure enough, he took me up on it and flew out to go to a louisville game.

i didnt convince him to convert, but we have continued to be friends and my family has also visited his family, etc.

a couple of years ago i had a party at my house and invited him. my wife introduced him to a fellow rn she works with and now the two of them are engaged to be married next fall. naticat has since quit his job in indiana, found a new career, and moved to the area as well. fate can be funny. naticat and gruehls are proof that our adversary fans that visit here can be good people as well. naticat is as good as they come.

I too have participated in the madness on Commerce Street during a Texas-OU weekend and gone to the game. Completely insane. The best rivalry in college football bar none. What an atmosphere for a football game.

It will be interesting as time passes to see if OU has gone back to their ways of the past. That school has a horrible reputation for running a clean program. Only time will tell. It would be nice to see that things have changed there.

I'm sorry Clyde your wrong on that one. Auburn vs. Bama is the #1 rivalry in college football. The entire state shuts down. Do you realize there are no weddings that Saturday in AL? No one would go. The whole year prior smack is talked. Everyone wears the colors of their team to work that week. You want to tailgate? You better show up 3 days in advance. OU v. TX their is a dividing line between the fans the Red River. There are alot of OU fans in DFW but it is not the same as all the AU and Bama fans that live amongst one another all the time. I am somewhat biased as an Auburn fan (flying out tonight to Montgomery AL to watch the game tommorrow War Damn Eagle). However, I know the two rivalries first hand I live in OU country right now 70 mi. from Norman.

How does this relate to SLU? I want someone to be our public enemy #1. We have a few teams we get up for but no one is really the #1 rival. That is why I advocate the nashing of teeth and lashing out we need to have that enemy. I dream that one day we can tell all those cheap jokes:

You know why ________ univerity coeds don't breast feed? It is too painful to boil their nipples.

You know how to get a ________ university fan off of your front porch? Give him money for the pizza.

We gotta fill in that blank. We need a target. Oh, if your wondering yes I do pine for the days when we had the Soviet Union. It was so much easier then to have an "Evil Empire." I'm not even sure if I am pronouncing Al Quaeda correctly. Those were the days.

I think the biggest rivalry depends on your allegences. I have never been to another big time rivalry game ... So for me it will always be Tex-OU.

If you were a Ohio St. fan you would probably say that Ohio St - Mich is the best rivalry.

Shouldn't it be ... How do you get a ________ alumni off your front porch? ... Pay him for the Pizza

I know they have a convicted drug dealer from Tennessee playing, McGruder. Caught with quantity, scales, etc... Their All-American safety was busted with a quarter pound outside a known drug dealers house. Same safety was arrested on his way to leave for the Alabama game for open container of cognac at 10am, no license(suspended from previous dwi), no registration or current tags. He was the leading tackler in the Alabama game. So who knows what else is going on there. Hopefully they have cleaned it up but I'm still waiting to see what else comes up before I consider them a clean program.

I've never heard those allegations ... except the driving one. The guy with the quarter pounder should have gotten a Big Mac Value meal ... those are approved for consumption in the hood. My family doesn't miss a chance to let me know of any infraction from OU.

So which players and exactly what were the problems?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Lynn McGruder and Brandon Everidge(sp) are the specific two I was referring to. You can also toss in Tommy Harris his family ended up with some nice benefits from his signing. Ask your family about what they have heard about those two. I'll bet it was covered in the Texas newspapers. We won't even get into academics and the loop hole they use to get questionable students into their program.