it could be a long season

SShoe

If our supposed "shooters" miss shot after shot when they are wide open then we will never score more points. If you listened to the game you know that we had many open shots and some lay ups that were just missed. Combine that with our most experienced guards turning the ball over and the offense will sputter if it does not improve. I wonder how long it will be before Luke and Danny start to get big minutes.

It's not about just getting open shots -- its about getting shots that those players are used to making. If the only shot a 15 foot jump shooter is getting, for example, is a 18 footer, then that isn't a good shot. If the only shot a slasher is getting is a 18-20 footer, then that's not a good shot.

We need to start attacking the basket more and getting to the line so we can at least get into a rhythm of making shots.

Reggie accounts for about 40% of our three-point offense. Right now he's hurtin' and can't get the lift on his jumper. Expecting the other guys to make the same shots that Reggie made for us all of the last year isn't reasonable. The only comparable three point shooter we have to Reggie is Meyer and he doesn't get it off near as quick.

I am sure you listened to the game and you heard that most of our problems down the stretch were the result of Anthony or Reggie dribbling the ball in an attempt to penetrate and then losing the ball on a turnover. If Reggie cannot hit open 15-19' jumpers because of his ankle then we should subsitiute a healthy player.

Yeah, I hear you about the right shot for the right player 3star the point is that we lack depth with shooters ... a recurrent SLU ploblem. I thought Clarke or somebody else would show they can shoot the 3 besides Reggie this year (Drejaj will always be streaky with his shooting). Apparently not the case. If DC cannot give us an outside shot then Meyer has to be given a chance to show what he can provide on the offensive end (either stop and pop or spot up).

The one good thing I hear from this game is Izik running the floor getting easy baskets. That's one positive development for the year. Now let's see if it continues.

we always say it takes players time to get used to Brad's system. Maybe we have to wait till Brad gets used to this system. I agree on the IO thing. Hopefully, he will keep it up. If Reg is hurt or is hurting, I would rather see him get rest then play hurt and either lengthen his recovery time get hurt even worse. We traditionally sren't a good road team, but playing on a neutral court shouldn't be a factor. Who knows. I concur, I will have to see for myself what the hell is going on. I think the thing that I most suprised about is VN being a non-factor in both games. That hurts! Based upon what I was reading, I expected him to contribute more.

The thing that sucks about this is that we can't afford these early season losses. Now, we'll have to win games we didn't realistically count on winning.

"The thing that sucks about this is that we can't afford these early season losses. Now, we'll have to win games we didn't realistically count on winning."

Not only that but now we have to play a team with no wins that could easily turn out to be an RPI killer later in the season. The Trio of Austin Peay, Eastern Michigan and Troy doesn't look very tough. I was really hopeing we could play Arkansas in this tournament becasue they are from the sec which is one of the "major" conferences. And it might have helped us if we end the season on the bubble.

You are so right about the RPI. It seems like these sorts of teams playe better early in the year and then their records become mediocre and we lose points on the RPI. Last year I thought that we would have beaten several teams we lost to early in the year if we had played them later. But it is what it is and wwe have to live with the 2 early losses. I hate to say our chances of an NCAA bid are over but it would take almost a miracle for us to get in out of a conference as strong as CUSA is this year. We will need to pull several upsets.