Long Term Deal for Soderberg

TheBand

I'm all for keeping Brad around as long as possible! I think he has done/will do great things for this University. Now if we can get Tommie and Kevin to commit next week, this will be a really exciting time to be a Billiken!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Yeah. This is good news. It won't be long until UB has us at the dance, hopefully this year. Once there I think he'll outcoach some people and get himself on the national radar screen. I just hope the contract is good enough, the benefits, the arena, etc will keep him here in the event that happens . This guy is the future of Billiken basketball. Go UB.

A few points from the press confeence: Fr. B began this process in May when DW was the AD so this is not the brainchild of CL, Brad mentioned during his remarks some positives with regard to the Nov early signing period-he seemed upbeat about who would be signed. The ability to develop roots here in St. Louis seemed like a big deal to Brad so hopefully he won't be looking to move on.

She delivered but do you really think she thought of it on her own - my guess is that she was told by SLU that getting a contract extension for Brad was a school priority. All she did was carry out what was already in the works. That being said - she should get credit for not screwing it up - I mean that in a positive way - some would have botched, maybe on purpose since they did not get to hire Brad. Many ADs like to hire their own coaches.

those said at her news conference she was impressive, back then she prioritized her tasks.....signing Brad to a long term contract was #1, arena fund raising was #2........Now she has followed through regardless of wether she thought of it first or not is moot, and downright silly to wonder. Kinda like wondering if the fireman who puts out the fire in a house he was called to see thought of putting the fire out first.

In my book if you say these are your priorities, and you follow through with them, it builds trust and confidence in that individual.

I gave her credit for getting it done - but to heap high praise on her for setting the targets without recognizing that SLU had already set Brad as a priority is downright silly. I am not taking a potshot at her - I like her hiring but clearly, her priorities of a new contract for Brad and fund raising for the arena are not ones she developed on her own - SLU has told her that those are the top ones. Your previous post implies that you were giving her all the credit for the idea - if you want to praise her for getting it done as I have then fine but don't make it out like she created these goals herself. She is to be complimented for getting the contract done and she will be complimented for raising the funds for the arena but both of these were goals set before she arrived. I trust she is very good as getting those things done her bosses set as priorities or else she would not be where she is. By the way, the fireman was hired to put out fires not decide what the department's priorities might be - weak comparison.