Moxy

Taj79

To be fair, I would never go back to the Moxy on my own.  I'm too old and not that hip.  The staff was great and very friendly.  The place is brand new and ultra-modern.  Great bed.  Great shower.  Interesting elevators.  But problems abound for me. A guy my age should never try to sit in a beanbag chair, the only "chair" in my room.  There are no dressers ----- you hang your stuff on pegs in the wall.  Also hanging on the pegs were two fold-up camp chairs and a fold-up camp table.  Where I would unfold all that I don't know ---- maybe the hallway.  There are "shelves" under the bed, if you like crawling around on the floor and reaching way in back to find your socks.  You could only access the bed from one side ---- and the bed was about 6-feet long pushed right up against the windows and wall.  Which means the room was about six feet wide.  I watched a bunch of people working at their computers directly out my room in the Garment Building across 36th Street.  The noise was typical NYC ---- and I was 16 floors above that.  The rooftop bar and night club was on the 17th floor ----------------- and they partied until 4 in the morning.  Each night.  I think the musical "Stomp" went on every night.  

I know NYC is small when it comes to rooms but short of a "Cube," that was ridiculous.  I go back in a month to the Radio City Apartments.  Let's see what that looks like.  Staying at the Roosevelt back in 2005 for the Fordham game was much better.  And that's old enough that maybe even Teddy was there to actually open it.  

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

To be fair, I would never go back to the Moxy on my own.  I'm too old and not that hip.  The staff was great and very friendly.  The place is brand new and ultra-modern.  Great bed.  Great shower.  Interesting elevators.  But problems abound for me. A guy my age should never try to sit in a beanbag chair, the only "chair" in my room.  There are no dressers ----- you hang your stuff on pegs in the wall.  Also hanging on the pegs were two fold-up camp chairs and a fold-up camp table.  Where I would unfold all that I don't know ---- maybe the hallway.  There are "shelves" under the bed, if you like crawling around on the floor and reaching way in back to find your socks.  You could only access the bed from one side ---- and the bed was about 6-feet long pushed right up against the windows and wall.  Which means the room was about six feet wide.  I watched a bunch of people working at their computers directly out my room in the Garment Building across 36th Street.  The noise was typical NYC ---- and I was 16 floors above that.  The rooftop bar and night club was on the 17th floor ----------------- and they partied until 4 in the morning.  Each night.  I think the musical "Stomp" went on every night.  

I know NYC is small when it comes to rooms but short of a "Cube," that was ridiculous.  I go back in a month to the Radio City Apartments.  Let's see what that looks like.  Staying at the Roosevelt back in 2005 for the Fordham game was much better.  And that's old enough that maybe even Teddy was there to actually open it.  

I stayed in a similar place in Christchurch NZ except the bathroom was an all glass area in the corner of the room.  What I was able to learn is that these type of hotels are starting to sprout up all over the world so hearing that one exists in NY does not surprise me in the least.  

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

You must have had a suite. Our room had one bag holder. There wasn't a bean bag chair or folding furniture. If you wanted to sit, it was the bed or the toilet. If the person lying next to the wall wanted to get up, they have to walkover the other. Our "oversized" queen bed was barely a double. 

Lots of issues with the elevators. 

11 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

You must have had a suite. Our room had one bag holder. There wasn't a bean bag chair or folding furniture. If you wanted to sit, it was the bed or the toilet. If the person lying next to the wall wanted to get up, they have to walkover the other. Our "oversized" queen bed was barely a double. 

Lots of issues with the elevators. 

That was our experience as well. Just a horribly small room. And loud as all get out with the street noise and hotel clubs.

Only good part was we got a free ride there from the airport...thanks again.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

It was indeed tight. I agree with most of your comments. We weren't on top floor and didn't have issues with rooftop noise, though street noise was tough. Bed was terrific and access didn't bother me. I was neutral on wall pegs vs closet or dresser. Took some getting used to, but eventually was OK. The food in the second floor restaurant Legasea was outstanding. Great to have so many of us together.