Semi-OT: Those assoles at George Mason

Sometimes this stuff just writes itself.

The ‘Antonin Scalia School of Law’ Has Been Renamed Due to Perfect, Unintentional Acronym

By Eric Levitz

05-antonin-scalia.w529.h352.jpg

He puts the AS in ASSoL. Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images

Last week, George Mason University's law school announced that it was renaming itself "the Antonin Scalia School of Law," in honor of the late, not-so-great Supreme Court jurist. In so doing, GMU nearly redeemed Scalia's legacy — atoning for his fatal expansion of the Second Amendment, his oligarchy-entrenching vote on Citizens United, his various attempts to deny the full humanity of gay Americans — by providing generations of students with the opportunity to giggle about the "ASSoL at George Mason University."

Alas, like most of the good things in this life, Twitter ruined the Scalia school's beautiful acronym.

It's too bad that Scalia died. Filling his shoes is the only reason I and anyone I know would vote for Trump in the general........

What does that have to do with the next administration? That should be handled before the election, let alone the inauguration.

Much Better than Bill Ayers or Saul Alinsky.........

Not sure where you're getting those names from - are you pulling a Bernie ("Izzo isn't coming to SLU!")? It's Merrick Garland.

Regardless, the student section has to pay tribute to the George Mason ASSOLS next time they're in town. We also have to remember "GDT: Let's Tear George Mason a New ASSOL!" next time we play them.

What does that have to do with the next administration? That should be handled before the election, let alone the inauguration.

Not sure where you're getting those names from - are you pulling a Bernie ("Izzo isn't coming to SLU!")? It's Merrick Garland.

Regardless, the student section has to pay tribute to the George Mason ASSOLS next time they're in town. We also have to remember "GDT: Let's Tear George Mason a New ASSOL!" next time we play them.

Tough position for the GOP. You either block Garland like you said you would and look like obstructionists, or you risk losing the election again (seems likely at this point) and have a much more liberal judge than Garland appointed to the court.

Much Better than Bill Ayers or Saul Alinsky.........

Alinsky's been dead since Obama was in grade school. So I think Jeremiah Wright probably has a better shot at a recess appointment during Obama's third term after he repeals the 22nd Amendment by executive order and declares himself President for life.

Alinsky's been dead since Obama was in grade school. So I think Jeremiah Wright probably has a better shot at a recess appointment during Obama's third term after he repeals the 22nd Amendment by executive order and declares himself President for life.

Good Point. Alinsky is the first radical that popped in my head. I'd still take Judge Judy over another Ginsberg.....

The faux outrage about this is hilarious. The shenanigans pulled by Harry Reid when he was lord of the senate make any attempt at righteous indignation just sad.

Tough position for the GOP. You either block Garland like you said you would and look like obstructionists, or you risk losing the election again (seems likely at this point) and have a much more liberal judge than Garland appointed to the court.

Yep but any chance is better than no chance. Barring a complete Trumpian collapse the Senate will save us from Bernie's nominees....

The original post was not intended to engender a political debate, you assols. Please restrict yourselves to belittling our conference opponent. ;)

Guility as charged your honor. I'll have to belittle the Masons for something else like their pathetic basketball team,.......