Jim Crews poll

Jim Crews Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. I want Jim Crews as coach next season.

• True
    • False
    • I'm a troll who has nothing better to do with my time than sabotage a message board

I heard Frank Cusumano mention on the radio a few weeks ago that he thinks Jay Spoonhour would be a great replacement for Crews in a few years. I don't know anything about his coaching style, but it looks like he's doing pretty well at Eastern Illinois and had success at the junior college level. I have no idea how that translates to this level though. Just thought I'd mention it to gauge people's opinions on it.

Down the road (obviously not now because he is too young) an interesting name could be Jon Scheyer. He's an assistant coach at Duke, a national champion (in the 21st century), and a Chicago suburb kid. To my understanding he is the one most involved in recruiting Tatum for Duke. Once Crews leaves we either go for and older coach, or a younger one. Something tells me we need a young guy with a lot of enthusiasm ready to shake things up

Way too young to consider right now

depends on the replacement

The chicken vs the egg situation, I agree. Old vs new, egg vs. chicken, better vs worse, how should we know? Not one of us knows what really happened inside the team this season. We were showing some progress and seemed ready to go forward, then we reversed direction, why? Can the team's performance be fixed by a new coach that does not know exactly what happened last season and has no idea how to fix it? Can Crews fix it? Is he a part of the problem or a part of the solution? What can be done?Not only that but, who is available to us now?, Hewitt for sure, but do we want him? and do we solve anything with Hewitt considering GM's performance last season? And to top this all, it is the ADMINISTRATION that determines when to replace a coach, it does not depend on the least on any kind polls that this board may take. No matter, the season is over, we were beaten badly, thank the Lord it is over. Next page, we move forward.

13 true / false questions are designed to be simple but at the same time they provide innumerable options to debate and demonstrate why it is that neither the "yes" nor the "no" answer is or can be correct, look above.

I heard Frank Cusumano mention on the radio a few weeks ago that he thinks Jay Spoonhour would be a great replacement for Crews in a few years. I don't know anything about his coaching style, but it looks like he's doing pretty well at Eastern Illinois and had success at the junior college level. I have no idea how that translates to this level though. Just thought I'd mention it to gauge people's opinions on it.

Jay has built at Eastern with a heavy reliance on JuCo. Eastern will admit damn near anyone, short of welding certificate holders, so it might not be the best comparison.

Now that he has had a slight measure of success there we will see how he builds going forward.