Lane Violation 2 shot foul....

Basketbill

Yesterdays call still baffles me, perhaps I am just a MBM, but does someone know why a lane violation was called on SLU when martin was finally getting to shoot his foul shots.

As I understand it players can enter the lane as soon as the ball leaves the shooters hands. I have watch that over and over again I do not see the violation unless someone was standing on the line.

Is there a different rule for the first of two could shots?

It looked to me that the call was on Yarbrough who was directly to the shooters left (we had all 4 spots occupied). I didn't look like Yarbrough stepped in the lane, but he did extend his arms straight forward. Maybe it's a slick FT defending maneuver that Hurley complained about previously or maybe it was just a freak occurrence.

Odd call.

It looked to me that the call was on Yarbrough who was directly to the shooters left (we had all 4 spots occupied). I didn't look like Yarbrough stepped in the lane, but he did extend his arms straight forward. Maybe it's a slick FT defending maneuver that Hurley complained about previously or maybe it was just a freak occurrence.

Odd call.

So either that or it was the fifty bucks hurley offered him to make up for the delay.

The other odd call was the technical foul the refs either called it on the kick, or trash talking. In realtime Manning moved his head awkwardly and quickly. The slow motion replays did not show much. So I gather it was trash talking taunting that got the technical.