2014 U.S. News Rankings

Box and Won

Certainly not already. He's still new. But with each of the next few releases, I'd like to see that ranking keep going back down to where it was. I think it was in the low 70s when I attended (2001-2005). Biondi's last years saw it going in the wrong direction.

-I agree

-what is your expectation as to the time for "Fred" to right the ship?

I don't think Pistol was implying Dr. Pestello should be able to effect an instant salvage effort. He has to reverse years of his predecessor's obsession with inanimate objects at the expense of being able to draw and retain the kind of faculty who are likely to increase our rankings.

When Father Biondi first came to town, he wanted to position SLU as "The Jesuit University of the Midwest." (I know, I did the ad campaign for him.) I gently pointed out that Loyola and perhaps Marquette and Creighton might not agree (I'm pretty sure Rockhurst was still a college at that point) and that, in any event, Jesuits don't generally pit themselves against each other, but...well, you know. If nothing else, he got all those 3 word banners that hung along Lindell and Grand out of it.

(BTW, Box, I'm pretty sure San Diego ain't Jesuit. San Fran, Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes.)

(BTW, Box, I'm pretty sure San Diego ain't Jesuit. San Fran, Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes.)

No, but it is Cat-lick though. I believe our old commercials used to compare us to the other Catholic (as opposed to Jesuit) universities on the list since ND was the highest rated one.

When Father Biondi first came to town, he wanted to position SLU as "The Jesuit University of the Midwest." (I know, I did the ad campaign for him.) I gently pointed out that Loyola and perhaps Marquette and Creighton might not agree (I'm pretty sure Rockhurst was still a college at that point) and that, in any event, Jesuits don't generally pit themselves against each other, but...well, you know. If nothing else, he got all those 3 word banners that hung along Lindell and Grand out of it.

San Diego is a Religious of the Sacred Heart school. same Nuns that run Villa, Sacred Heart Academy in at Charles, and Maryville University. This order has a keen eye for real estate, Ladue, Dave Letterman neighbor in CT, Menlo-Atherton school in CA.

USD is situated in a beautiful location on a clear day the view of mission bay is fantastic.