5 Reasons the Billikens should win the A10 title

Aquinas

I think we tend to forget our SRs are the core group that is responsible for us making two consecutive NCAA appearances. If I'm correct MM, DE, and RL were starters in those two years and JJ was like # 2 man off the bench. That kind of experience is hard to beat.

Very nice article, but it is Fox Sports Midwest and from the promos I've heard when they do game feeds here, they support the Billikens just about better than any other St. Louis outlet. Right up to Scott Highmark, Billiken Hall of Famer, doing play-by-play.

Should the Bills win another A10 championship? I think they can. Senior leadership cannot be overlooked.

The only item I'd put in here is our schedule ----- we haven't been compiling these defensive numbers against much right now, both in conference and out. KenPom has our strength of schedule at 151st out of 351 teams. Middling to say the least. We've also played Rhode Island (130)and Duquesne (196) on the road, Neither was a cakewalk. We butchered Fordham (191) at home but had problems with St. Bonaventure (63). Yeah, we dominated Dayton (59) on the road but everyone on here knows they peak in the OOC and win their national title there, before falling apart in A10 play. Plus, they are a nice rivalry game for us.

The schedule is backloaded. Umass is 31. GeeDub is 37. VCU is two behind us at 28. Plus Richmond is currently 66 --- not far from where the Bonnies are.

Going into places like St. Joe at 81 and La Salle at 91 will now be tough. Plus, they'll be amped up like Duquesne --- Super Bowl baby with the ranked guys coming in.

It can be done and these are high times but it is going to take a significant amount of work.