Bilas rhymes w/ Bias

slu72

Ol' Bilas is up to it again, he's favored every BCS team in the guessing game of "who's in who's out". It's pretty easy to spot the mids; lots of Ws few Ls but not much to show against top 50s. As for the majors pretty easy there as well; Barely 20ws double digit Ls, but more games against top 50s. I swear if he had his way no one would dancing unless they were from a power conference.

Ol' Bilas is up to it again, he's favored every BCS team in the guessing game of "who's in who's out". It's pretty easy to spot the mids; lots of Ws few Ls but not much to show against top 50s. As for the majors pretty easy there as well; Barely 20ws double digit Ls, but more games against top 50s. I swear if he had his way no one would dancing unless they were from a power conference.

I always felt this was the plan since the start of the power conferences. Do to MBB what they accomplished in BCS football.

They must had a hissy-fit 2 years ago when VCU & Butler were in the Final 4. The nerve of them getting all that money.

That is why important we get in the Big East, if anything, to remain relevant.

I've always been in favor of everyone in the dance like HS. A week of Fontbonne vs Duke games and we'd be down to 64 and no one could ***** about not getting in. If you are one of 64 highest rank and you lose at home against some 5-25 team so be it. The reward of higher ranking would replace the reward of making the dance, less pressure on coaches way less listening to gasbags pontificate about whose in.

He seems to be filling the Billy Packer role, honking for the BCS conferences (especially the ACC) and dissing the mid-majors. Remember the live showdown Packer had with Phil Martelli? I was glad St. Joes represented by making that run with Jameer Nelson.

I wonder how much of it is trolling. Bilas is not an idiot, even if he's not as smart as he thinks he is. I've heard him say things that show he's not just paying attention to the big schools and that he knows some of the teams among the smaller fish are legit. But when it comes around to tournament time, he goes right back to crushing the little guy's dreams. I think he realizes there's profit for him in standing out among the analysts, even if it becomes cartoonish at times. A lot of people hated Packer, but everybody knew where he stood, and it made him a lot of money. I suppose being that calculating would make Bilas even more unlikeable, but that should just make it more satisfying when Davids take down Goliaths.