Sorry to mention SLU, I know this is pretty much a tige

Any news on a timeline on the Ad hire?

Has a comittee been put together to hire a new one? Will Bob Costas come back to chair it? Is there a list of verifiable candidates out yet? Any interviews scheduled?

This hiring will be a pivotal moment for SLU athletics. We have a make or break situation here. I know Biondi is a hands on Pres but the new AD will play an important role in building funds for the new arena and he/she must have a comprehensive plan to advance SLU and the entire athletic program and get it up to par with the momentum the basketball team has achieved. Woolard was competent but had no vision and was never going to push the Ath Dep into a big time atmosphere. Another Woolard like hire and SLU could concievably fall flat on its face. Arena falls apart, Despite his on court success Soderberg goes on to bigger things and SLU is once again a soccer school.

What about whomever is second in charge at Stanford? That school is great all around and often wins the President's Trophy (I believe that is what it is called) for best all around Sports Program. Have to respect a school that is competitive at Football, Basketball, Baseball, Simming and Soccer highly academic and not even a hint of impropriety that I know of. If the second in charge in the Stanford Ath Dep is willing get em'.

Most schools are out right now and it will ease the process because it is somewhat of an off time right now for college athletics.

I would look towards schools that have all around quality programs with recent success. It maybe beneficial to pick someone from a similiar institution to SLU to lessen the culture shock.

If I read correctly the lady at Santa Clara was at Stanford for quite awhile.Also the assistant from Michigan State has St.Louis ties.Does anyone know if they are on the list of candidates?

It doens't really bother me if someone comes from a different place than SLU. We pretty much need to clean house and go in a whole new direction. With the new arena coming we have to have soeone who can think big. I would like to be overwhelmed instead of underwhelmed all the time.

I bet there is someone in the current athletic department that can think big. Look at some of the Assistant AD SLu has, some have very impressive college athletic backrounds, theres one guy in the dapartment that has a lot of expierence working in college athletics, I cant think of his name right off the top of my head though.

SLU is going in a different direction, the A-10. Even with the same budget, all teams will be more successful/have better records in the new conference.

If you really want to see better days I suggest you purchase one additional season ticket for men's basketball or increase your donation to the Billiken Club.

Regardless of who is in the leadership positions, athletic departments are run with money and lots of it. We can talk about or we can contribute to make better things happen.

I recently received a SLU request for donations under the title "27% by 07" which is basically their annual request for money. One of the categories I could designate any donation to was the Arena Fund. Obviously whatever amount I decide to donate to my school I will contribute to this fund. I encourage other board readers to do the same.