Mizzou report out

kshoe

It's not like RC was taking Quantum Physics- He was taking courses like "basketball theory," "weightlifting theory," and various other physical education courses. So if that was my courseload, then yes- i could take 24 credit hours in an 8 week period (summer terms are 8 weeks).

And you keep acting as though it's Mizzou's fault for accepting 24 credit hours, but the fact is: they had no choice. RC sent his credits in to Southern Idaho to get his Associate's degree. Southern Idaho has stated that they can not unilaterally reject credits earned from accredited institutions (Barton, etc.), and once they gave him the associate's degree, that granted him automatic qualification for admittance to MU. If you think it was fraudulent, then your criticism goes to the community colleges that gave him the credit hours. They, however, were not found guilty of academic fraud.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong...I remember that Mizzou accepted the Associates degree, but didn't transfer in all of the credits RC earned during his whirlwind tour of community colleges that summer. True? They didnt allow the credits to count, but accepted the degree?

of course i dont think it is right that the community colleges gave the fraud hours. and i also dont think it is right that mis$$ouri just carte blanche accepted all those hours when they are obviously bogus. no one can pass 24 credit hours in a summer.

now you make the point that they were classes like weight lifting and physical ed classes. well those are the sort of classes that it would seem would require attendance. please explain how he was attending 3 separate colleges at one time?

maybe you need to show us exactly what those 24 credit hours were for. until then, by you claiming it was possible you have lowered your credibility lower than it already was.

It is every university's policy to review the academic credentials of incoming students to assess and ensure that the student will be an upstanding member of the university community. We are not talking about a podunk community college in a town of three hundred people, we are talking about the University of Missouri at Columbia. A University! Missouri does not provide an open enrollment policy for sholorship atheletes. Clemons needed 8 hrs to finish his degree and be accepted into Mizzou, but he need 16 more credit hours to be able to play basketball. To say that Mizzou does not vet anyone, and that venue is completely covered by the NCAA Clearinghouse, ignores the atheletic department's own time breakdown of their compliance officer and academic coordinator timesheets during the summer months.

The fact that Mr. Clemons was a transfer, arriving in Columbia without either high school or college degrees in hand, without any means of support, and lacking the motivation to have completed 50% of his associates degree, meant his records would be reviewed by the basketball coach, the assistant recruiting him, the compliance officer, the atheletic department academic coordinator, the dean of the university department for which he enrolled for his baccalaurate, the financial aid department, admissions, and the university registrar's office. Clemons was thoroughly vetted and green lighted by every major department involved in his recruitment, conselling, admission, and registration at the University.