Opening Night in A10

Taj79

Butler downs St.Joe's on Hawk Hill. VCU pulling away from Dayton in Richmond as YouDee held to 20 second half points right now. Richmond dowing Rhode. Fordham takes out Duquesne. GeeDub besting the Bonnies. And Charlotte up big at home against La Salle.

Really thought St. Joe's would win that one. Too soon to call them a disappointment this year? Lot of people picked them to win the A10 and they didn't exactly set the world on fire in the non-conference schedule. None of the other results seemed particularly surprising or interesting.

I still think the Hawks are overrated. I saw where they have benched Kanosevic since he "fingered" the Nova crowd and ignited the fans that had been to that point sitting on their hands and eventually losing that game to Nova. At least from the standpoint he didn't start last night. He did get 22 minutes but went 0-of-7 from the field. Looks like Martelli went with a three-guard lineup in Galloway, Jones and Chris Wilson. Wilson went five-of-seven from three last night and finished with 15 points. This is the sophomore who started last year as a freshman \ with Roberts as the sixth man. Averaged only 3 ppg last year. Don't care to see another three-point option out there although Kanosevic's nigh tincluded an 0-for-4 from three as well.

Aiken blocks shots and that got him the Defensive POY last year. I wasn't impressed. Jones got thrid team all A10. Again not impressed especially when McCall got nothing. Galloway got like second team. I say maybe third at best; replace th eother Galloway from La Salle. Kanosevic was all-newcomer I think and Roberts was sixth man. Pretty amazing that the fourth place team in the conference got five spots on some portion of the all-conference team and was essentially a non-factor in the overall race. Yet the second place team got what? Only two, maybe three. And Martelli's game coaching skills are overrated; I don't thinkhe's as good as they say. He had one real year .. with West and Nelson. Having grown up near Philly, I think St. Joe's is overrated all the back to Dr. Jack Ramsey. The rest of Phil's bench got a total of seven minutes between three guys. Isaiah Miles was supposedly a stud recreuit ... he gets five minutes a game but only one last night. Reading press clippings again, my bad.

The preseason A10 pick of the litter should not lose to Nova and Fairfield. Okasy Creighton and Florida State. I though *** odd they were pciked before the gate sopened anyway. Us, Temple, Butler and VCU all seemed to make better sense. It's the same lineup he had last year running the sam eoffense he ran with West/Nelson (got that from a SJU alum at last year's game).